DL88 by K7BWH, June 9-14

ba...@k7bwh.com

May 11, 2024, 11:48:30 AMMay 11
to FF...@groups.io, PNWVHFS Google Group

Jim WM5L and Barry K7BWH will activate rare grid DL88 from Big Bend National Park in Texas at the Talley-2 campsite on 6 meters during June 9 – 14, 2024. We’ll have full power and a big antenna and will be on the air from 7am to 8pm Central time.

Our callsign is plain K7BWH (without /R). Primary mode is WSJT FT8 on first sequence. If the band really opens up we’ll move to SSB on 50.135.

We won’t have cellphone service or internet access, so listen, listen, listen and help each other in the chat rooms.

This is battery-plus-solar operation, so we must conserve power. My CQ will be limited. You can us blind if you hear us but please pause and listen frequently to be sure you’re not interfering with anyone.

EME operation during our moonrise and moonset. Please look up moon times from DL88jx78pm for the timing. We don’t have elevation, so we’ll have about an hour for each event.

We’re looking for a nearby pilot station. Get in touch if you have a reliable path to DL88jx, thanks.

No need to reply or fill the FFMA forum with “I need DL88”. Almost everybody needs DL88 – it’s the #1 most-wanted grid at the moment. I’ve prepared JTAlert with everyone on the Leaderboard, however we want to work as many folks as possible. If you do write or text, always include your callsign and grid square, that’s my rule.

73, Barry K7BWH and Jim WM5L
ba...@k7bwh.com  m 425-503-5548