8 ogledov
Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Jeff Smythe

neprebran,
8. maj 2024, 14:01:068. maj
do PNW...@googlegroups.com

That 2m Triangle SSB antenna project W4RQ

the SWR is 1.3 is good but tried to receive

is bad so I switch back to vertical.

So next ant I well be building 144 MHz Halo-

Antenna  by Dr. Carol F. Milazzo, KP4MD

Or 2m Moxon Antenna.

Sent from Mail for Windows

cwfinge...@gmail.com

neprebran,
8. maj 2024, 14:47:348. maj
do PNWVHFS
Jeff,

Looks like the loop might be horizontally polarized?  Maybe turn it 90 degrees and listen again.

I experimented with a 6 meter triangle loop. It worked very well.

N7EU Bill

James Eagleson

neprebran,
8. maj 2024, 22:03:158. maj
do cwfinge...@gmail.com, PNWVHFS
The loop is definitely intended for Horizontal polarization, not vertical.  If listening to FM or Repeaters there will be a cross-polarization penalty of abo12-15dB compared to a vertical antenna.  Most SSB activity is Horizontal in most parts of the U.S.

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.

AG6QV - Frank

neprebran,
9. maj 2024, 00:07:099. maj
do jeagle...@gmail.com, cwfinge...@gmail.com, PNWVHFS

I've made two of these. The first one with a ruler and the second with a flat strip of aluminum. Both had close to 1:1 SWR. I worked with one in my mast for about 6 months before replacing it with a beam.

The only problem I had was power handling. The nylon screws kept melting when I was operating digital modes at 30-50W. I fixed that by getting a Teflon rod and cutting threads to mount the nylon nuts. After that it could handle 100W with no problems.

- Frank

Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj