223cm antenna finally up

Marv S

Jun 14, 2024, 9:22:23 PMJun 14
to PNWVHFS
Well it looks like I finally managed to get a 1296 antenna up (such as it is) so now I"m looking to set up a sched and see if I can actually make a contact on the band.   If you're like to set something up, drop me an email.  I should be around this weekend so it's likely I'll be on the Sunday net and to give it a try.
In case you're wondering.
I put up the Comet CYA-1216E Beam (16el Yagi) and following Mike's (K7MDL) example, I mounted  the SG Labs PA 1296 25W PA/LNA at the feedpoint in a weatherproof box and then am feeding that with some hardline and Hyperflex 10 coax that is driven by a Q5 Sognal 2330PAS PA that is driven by my IC-9700.  It SEEMS like this combo has overcome an coax line loss that's in the current setup.
The antenna is mounted on my AZ/EL setup along with the M2 LEO pack that I use for sat work. So i can even elevate it if need be.
Anyways, hoping to see if it all works and hopefully move it to a much higher location when I get my second tower (dedicated 6m and UHF bands) erected later this summer. (fingers crossed).
73,
Marv K7IU

Paul Baer

Jun 15, 2024, 2:05:30 PMJun 15
to k7iu...@gmail.com, PNWVHFS
Hi Marv,
Nice setup.  I’m sure that’s gkingbto work very well for you.

 Not sure if we could work each other, but I’m available this weekend later today or anytime tomorrow and would like to try.  Send me an offer line reply and I can shoot you my land line.

 For my setup I have a Directive  Systems 55 ele looper, 9700 and 350W amplifier.  I had a preamp up there too but It blew up over the last contest weekend when the 12DC from the LNA circuit in the amplifier decided to send 28VDC to my pre-amp.  Needless to say it was smoked including the board.  I have a new one on order.   I have to look into the LNA amp circuit as well and sort that out before installation of the new one.

73,
Paul
WA9BTV

Sent from Paul's Iphone

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.