DN37aa and DN25tr during the ARRL June VHF Contest

Lance Collister, W7GJ

Jun 5, 2024, 6:07:13 PMJun 5
to FF...@groups.io, Front Range 6 Meter Group, NEWS, PNWVHFS, Vick k7vk
*DN37aa (still needed by 22.8 %) - *I am planning to activate DN37aa for about 10 or
12 hours on Saturday, June 8. I will have 200w output with FT8 mode on 50.313 into an
M2 6m HO Loop mounted 3' above the car roof. I will be at 7750' with a drop-off in
all directions except due north, so I hope to be able to provide a semi-rare grid if
we get propagation. Although subject to change, I am planning to XMIT in the first
sequence using NA VHF Contest mode (even before the contest starts); when calling CQ,
I will either use "CQ TEST W7GJ DN37" or "CQ FFMA W7GJ DN37", to indicate I am in a
rare grid for FFMAers.

I will not be submitting a contest entry, and am doing this strictly for people who
still need DN37 on 6m. I will have internet and plan to be on the ON4KST REGION 2
CHAT page and will monitor PSK Reporter and 50.313. Since I will be running off the
car battery, I may only be monitoring until there appears to be some activity. The
forecast is for good weather all day Saturday, so I will be limited only by the
propagation.

If there is no Es, I can run Q65 with stations closer than 1100 miles. I will try to
also be available on SLACK to coordinate any such requests.

*DN25TR (still needed by 25.1%) -* K7VK is planning to again head up to the the
summit of Barecone Mountain at 7825' for the weekend. Vick will be using a 5 element
yagi and 100w on FT8 mode. His best directions are also everywhere except due north.
He may have internet, although it can be variable up there because it is so remote.
The weather forecast up there for Saturday right now looks favorable, but
thunderstorms are forecast for Sunday after noon, so he may have to tear down early.

*FINGERS CROSSED *for some propagation for a change!!! Please beam toward Western
Montana if you need either of these grids!

GL and VY 73, Lance*
*

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ, VK9CGJ, VK9XGJ, C21GJ, CP1GJ, S79GJ, TX7MB, TO7GJ, 3B9GJ)
P.O. Box 73

Interested in 6m EME? Ask me about subscribing to the new Magic Band EME
page (above)!

Lance Collister, W7GJ

Jun 9, 2024, 7:31:39 PMJun 9
to FF...@groups.io, Front Range 6 Meter Group, NEWS, PNWVHFS, Vick k7vk
DN37 - I was unable to make it up to DN37AA yesterday due to snow. However, I did
operate from DN37he for 6 hours. I could not make it up to the top of that peak
either, but did get up quite high. I did not have cell phone or internet connection
from up there. I made 15 contacts from DN37 but have not been able to upload them yet
to LOTW. If anyone needs a QSL card, please let me know.

DN25 - Vick reported that he was unable to get to Barecone Mountain on Friday:

> Bare Cone a no go. Gate maintenance and new lock. About 10 miles from summit. First time we've ever seen the old gate closed.
>
> Set up on Nez Perce Pass. Stephen had good S2 sigs on SSB and CW last night. He couldn't copy me, rats. No luck this morning.
>
> Hope Winlink works, hee hee. No cell coverage.
> 73
> Vick k7vk
Perhaps we can activate those grids when cndx are better. GL and VY 73,  Lance
IMG_20240608_210817850_HDR.jpg