Wide band dishes for 905 users

Mike Lewis

Jul 4, 2024, 5:37:48 PMJul 4
to PNW VHF Society Email List
Solid spun aluminum 3ft 600MHz to 10.5Ghz 600W to 250W depending on the band.
https://technicalantennas.com/collections/parabolic-grid/products/u

4ft 3mm mesh version
https://technicalantennas.com/collections/parabolic-grid/products/ultra-wide-band-dual-or-circular-pol-uwb-dish-parabolic-mesh-4-ft-120cm-antenna

These are dual polarization capable using wide band Vivaldi feeds.

Mike
K7MDL CN87xs

Mike Lewis

Jul 4, 2024, 6:22:36 PMJul 4
to Mike Lewis, PNW VHF Society Email List
PE1RKI has feeds, slot antennas, preamps and amps for several microwave bands including a 3 W in 250W 1296 amp.
https://pe1rki.com/index.html

Rochester VHF society was or maybe still is taking orders for the W1GHZ 10/24G dual band machined feed.

Rading through a IC-905 forum yielded some ideas. One was N2OA using a triplexer to break out 144 to a 902 transverter and 432 to a 3400 (now 3300?) transverter. Both were compact SG Labs Xvtrs. Combine them with the 600 to 10G dish and you cover a lot of ground.

There was another post I ran across where a PCB was made to break out the accessory cable at the RF Unit for send and ALC.

I am making progress on a USB connected band decoder with touch display that can select bands and display a dial frequency with added offset for transverter IF use or actual dial frequency, configurable per band to 122GHz. Outputs will drive antenna, amps, preamp switches. This would work on the 905, 705, 9700 and probably most any CI-V bus radio with some minor work. Detail later on that, only reading the 905 frequency today, soon hope to send and receive all the useful data one would want, touch and/or encoders, switches.

I also acquired a Ukrainian 1296 to 28/50Mhz IF with 10Mhz ref input transverter board. Very compact, 100mW output.
--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~ You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.
20240703_234200.jpg