June VHF Contest Logs

ba...@k7bwh.com

Jun 9, 2024, 10:23:25 PMJun 9
to PNWVHFS Google Group

PNWVHFS Parallel Contest

For fun and bragging rights and our own awards, we track results from the five major ARRL and CQ WW annual contests. The June VHF Contest is one of them! Please send a copy of your Cabrillo contest file to con...@pnwvhfs.org. Use the same Cabrillo file you submitted to ARRL. For us, it doesn’t matter what club name you wrote in your log. Email it along with maybe some soapbox comments and a photo - you’ll be published in the PNWVHFS Contest Scores pages.

Club Circle

We continue to enjoy the bigger ARRL club circle, all of a 250-mile radius (prev 175 miles). Our center point is on the WA-OR border and our circle spans most of WA, OR, and western Idaho from Boise through the panhandle. Anyone in this big circle can name PNWVHFS in their contest log to contribute to the ARRL’s aggregate club score. Here’s an unofficial map of club territory. There is another club circle for the Western Canada group. Take your pick for ARRL log submission; send us your log regardless, thank you!

Rovers

Want to share your favorite hilltop or operating spot? I publish a rover location database and I’m always looking for more places to add across the country. Send me a latitude+longitude and maybe a description of the place and photos if you feel like it. Thanks!

Barry Hansen K7BWH

ba...@k7bwh.com

Seattle, WA  CN87us
www.griduino.com

peter h

Jun 9, 2024, 10:51:25 PMJun 9
to ba...@k7bwh.com, PNWVHFS Google Group
29Q 9G on 6m home station dm04. All but 2 or 3 FT8. 1 decode of cook island.

/R in dm04: 5 bands & approx a dozen QSOs in 2 or 3 grids. NOT all FM!

Poor activity & not much ionization!

Bt73
Pete n6ze in dm04ne today

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.

Scott Burgess

Jun 10, 2024, 4:52:05 PMJun 10
to n6...@aol.com, PNWVHFS Google Group, ba...@k7bwh.com
Raw score for AI7ID contest club in DN13 limited multioperator

Only four bands will be scored and the handful of q’s on 33 and 23cm and two multipliers will be subtracted out.

12a wake-up to disconnect all the coax and lower the antennas due to storm

W7IMC Scott DN13ql

ba...@k7bwh.com

Jun 10, 2024, 5:58:48 PMJun 10
to Scott Burgess, PNWVHFS Google Group

Scott, great score in the June contest! Can you send us your cabrillo file as an attachment to con...@pnwvhfs.org?

Just use whatever you submitted to ARRL and then we can score it properly.

Thanks for putting DN13 on the air.

Barry K7BWH and Tim AL1VE

Contests for PWVHFS

http://contest.pnwvhfs.org/

PNW Conference and Microwave Update microwaveupdate.org/ Oct 3-5, 2024

-Gary -

Jun 10, 2024, 6:56:13 PMJun 10
to PNWVHFS Google Group
K7FR SO QRP 6m.

45 Q's x 15 mults = 675 points.

Why oh why couldn't we have had this mornings opening to the east coast on sunday?

Gary K7FR

ba...@k7bwh.com

Jun 10, 2024, 10:56:13 PMJun 10
to PNWVHFS Google Group

We received June VHF Contest logs from:

AB9BH, AG6QV, AI7ID, K7CW, K7SYS, KA7RRA, KF7PCL, KY7O, N0CYT, N7PHY, W7JMP, W7MEM, WA7BRL, WR7X

We received something but not Cabrillo format logs from:

N6ZE, KB7QAG, W7IMC, VE7AFZ

BC is part of our area for the parallel award system so we’d love to receive all your logs, too. I know the WWARCWAC (sp?) has their own club name for ARRL scoring purposes but the PNWVHFS covers all of BC, WA, OR, ID so it’d sure be fun to see what BC is up to. Send them as an attachment to con...@pnwvhfs.org

We have 832 registered members scattered across the continent; every member who sends a log gets honorable mention even if you’re not in the 4-state PNW area.

Thanks!

Barry K7BWH and Tim AL1VE

Contests for PWVHFS

http://contest.pnwvhfs.org/

PNW Conference and Microwave Update microwaveupdate.org/ Oct 3-5, 2024

Charlie Panek

Jun 12, 2024, 9:49:58 PMJun 12
to PNWVHFS
Hmm.. Thought I sent my Cabrillo in on Sunday night.  It's in my "Sent" folder.  I'll give it another try..

Charlie
KX7L

ba...@k7bwh.com

Jun 15, 2024, 10:50:13 PM (14 days ago) Jun 15
to PNWVHFS Google Group

We received 29 June VHF Contest logs so far:

AB9BH, AD7MC, AG6QV, AI7ID, K7CW, K7FR, K7III, K7IU, K7ND, K7SYS, KA7RRA, KB7IOG, KF7PCL, KX7L, KY7O, N0CYT, N0LL, N7DB, N7PHY, NR7Y, VE7HR, W7FI, W7JMP, W7KRS, W7MEM, WA7BRL, WR7X

If you sent a log and I failed to list it, please email me offline at ba...@k7bwh.com. I’m having some trouble with an over-aggressive spam filter.

Log submission deadline is 10 days after the contest ends; in Pacific Time it’s 8pm Wednesday June 19th.

Caution: dates on the calendar are closer than they appear.

ba...@k7bwh.com

Jun 18, 2024, 11:28:26 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to PNWVHFS Google Group

Log submission deadline is 10 days after the contest ends; in Pacific Time it’s 8pm Wednesday June 19th. That’s only 24 hours from now.

We have 34 June VHF Contest logs so far:

AB9BH, AD7MC, AG6QV, AI7ID, K5QE, K7CW, K7FR, K7III, K7IU, K7ND, K7SYS, K7YO, KA7RRA, KB7IOG, KB7ME, KF7PCL, KG7PD, KI7YFP, KL7P, KX7L, N0CYT, N0LL, N7DB, N7PHY, N7QOZ, NR7Y, VA7RKM, VE7HR, W7FI, W7JMP, W7KRS, W7MEM, WA7BRL, WR7X

We’re happy to receive logs after the deadline although they’re not eligible for prizes.