6m propagation and theater

-Gary -

Jun 7, 2024, 7:43:45 PMJun 7
to PNWVHFS Group
Philosophical pondering for the weekend:

Waiting for something to happen on 6m is like watching the play "Waiting for Godot".

73!  Gary K7FR

Barry Bogart, VE7VIE

Jun 8, 2024, 9:31:39 PMJun 8
to PNWVHFS
This is who can hear me right now (1830 Pacific). (Barefoot KX3, balcony Buddi-dipole).

After 50 years, I'll never understand Six. Made just one  contact, almost two. Neither appear here!

W7FN

6m

FT8

130 km

01:04:56

VE7PTN

6m

FT8

4 km

00:58:56

VE7TOM

6m

FT8

21 km

00:54:56

WB7CJO

6m

FT8

1674 km

23:32:41

K0GU

6m

FT8

1761 km

23:27:13

Scott Burgess

Jun 8, 2024, 9:52:54 PMJun 8
to barry_...@yahoo.com, PNWVHFS
We’ve not done much better on FT-8. 6m stacked Moxons and 20 Q’s half of which are in our grid square. W7IMC DN13

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.

Mike Lewis

Jun 8, 2024, 10:33:11 PMJun 8
to barry_...@yahoo.com, PNWVHFS
It sucks in DN15.  9 contacts before it went quiet a bit ago.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

Jun 8, 2024, 10:53:19 PMJun 8
to Scott Burgess, PNWVHFS
In the last two contests I worked 8 contacts but in 6 different grids, none my own! That makes no sense to me. Are Sixers really that far apart? I am in Nanaimo, on mid Vancouver Island, CN89. Barefoot KX3 (10W on 6) and a dipole.

But the morning AFTER the last contest I worked Yellowknife, Toronto, Calgary and LA within a few hours. And my dipole 'points' SSE at all times. The guy in Calgary is an accomplished Sixer said he had NEVER worked CN89 across the Rockies, 1000 kms away.

The occasional Magic of Six always pulls me back in!

72, Barry

VE7VIE/WV2J

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.

Paul WA9BTV

Jun 8, 2024, 11:50:24 PMJun 8
to barry_...@yahoo.com, Scott Burgess, PNWVHFS
Yeah bummer Mike I was hoping to work you on 6M
Maybe tomorrow better propagation if you’re going to be on.
73,
Paul
WA9BTV
Sent from Paul's Iphone

Mike Lewis

Jun 9, 2024, 12:02:12 AMJun 9
to hamw...@gmail.com, barry_...@yahoo.com, Scott Burgess, PNWVHFS
N7PHY in CN98 has had a strong and consistent signal into dn15 for several days now, amazing considering how tough it has been for Puget Sound stations to get in here.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

Jun 9, 2024, 12:20:45 PMJun 9
to pnw...@googlegroups.com
The Godot ref had me laughing, even before I went out.

From Skirt Mt. in CN88 I had a fine time on USB fone. Worked all I
heard.
Tried a bit of FT-8, first time in a VHF+ 'test. Yeah, I feel weird.

In CN78 my relationship to the reference changed a tad.

I couldn't raise anyone on fone on any band (Rover Limited). Did
somewhat okay with FT-8 on 50 MHz, to make up for the driving and energy
getting there I said.

Off to CN88 (middle), then CN89 and CN79. Will think on CO70.

73, John
VA7OTC/R
--
John D Erskine