CQ VHF contest plans

Tymm Karle'

Jul 17, 2024, 3:15:23 AM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to PNW VHF
Hi All,

For the CQ VHF contest this weekend I'll be out somewhere in southeastern Oregon, probably up on Steens Mtn in DN02 as I haven't heard of anyone else thinking about heading that way. Temperatures near 100 could cause some difficulties, not to mention smoke from some of the nearby fires, but hopefully being at 9000' should help some. My fall-back site is Hampton Butte in DN93. I'm only taking 50 Mhz for this contest and if you don't catch me on FT8 or SSB looked for me Sunday morning on MS.

Also be sure to send a copy of your log into the PNWVHF Society and it really helps if you can send it as a log or cbr file type. Also don't forget to include any photos or comments about your contest activity. And yes, I will have the June ARRL contest finished soon. Thank You and Good Luck!

Tim
AL1VE

W6ABM

Jul 17, 2024, 12:01:56 PM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to PNWVHFS
OTVARC is doing the Crater Lake Anniversary Special Event again on Saturday, July 20. The W7OTV HF operation has announced +/- 14.265.
As usual, I will be operating in the VHF Contest as W6ABM, 50.145 checking 50.125 at the top of the hour. FT-8 if no SSB heard.  I hope to be
on by 1700 prior to the contest start until 2359 UTC.  CN82wx.

Ev W6ABM