Reset the Ratings...

MikeOwnsYou

Feb 9, 2007, 4:28:16 AM2/9/07
to PKHunter
...please?

People who don't even play or have bought/traded/given, etc accounts
start with 1k+ kills?

I have deaths that I don't even remember or were from 3 years ago when
the character was a mule.

Should just reset everything so that everything is up-to-date because
this program hasn't been active for what? A couple years?

I think that's a very good idea.

Johnus

Feb 9, 2007, 3:48:21 PM2/9/07
to PKHunter

The ratings WERE reset, so the number of old deaths/kills/suicides
doesn't impact anything, they are there for history's sake.

Ratings don't use old kill/death/suicide info, so it shouldn't really
matter.

MikeOwnsYou

Feb 9, 2007, 10:13:39 PM2/9/07
to PKHunter
Oh I meant kills, my bad. To make them more up-to-date with todays
players.

MikeOwnsYou

Feb 10, 2007, 7:22:41 PM2/10/07
to PKHunter
My Kill Total isn't increasing but my rating is...

There's also problems on your front page. There's no FF Last 24. And
if you click a server for server rankings it gives All Server
tankings.

And also you should take off that Timer. I fight the same people
multiple times in an hour, even 20 minutes, and would like their
deaths to be recorded. :)

Bloody Lovin'

Feb 11, 2007, 6:12:26 AM2/11/07
to PKHunter
I agree 100%, kill and death totals (that show up on the home page)
should be reset. You started new ratings for each character, so why
not kill/deathcounts? Theres already a seperate datebase of all
recorded pre-tod activity so why not leave the old kill/death totals
there, as you did with the corresponding old ratings.

Johnus

Feb 11, 2007, 8:05:20 PM2/11/07
to PKHunter

> There's also problems on your front page. There's no FF Last 24. And
> if you click a server for server rankings it gives All Server
> tankings.

from what i can see, that looks like nobody from FF is submitting? it
isn't just the last 24 that are off, its all time too. And i haven't
seen any errors, so i'm not sure what's going on there.

> And also you should take off that Timer. I fight the same people
> multiple times in an hour, even 20 minutes, and would like their
> deaths to be recorded. :)

The kill/killshot/deaths ARE being recorded, you just wont get rating
changes. They should show up in your last events, etc.

If that isn't happening, let me know.

The timer is just to prevent the same 2 people from killing eachother
back and forth every 5 minutes to get points. This way, yes their
kills+deaths go up, but their rating doesn't.

MikeOwnsYou

Feb 12, 2007, 3:45:24 AM2/12/07
to PKHunter
How come under the Last Events column there is no kills over the same
person twice? It only does new people in there. What happens when I
run out of new people? I've killed the same people over ten times each
but I guess it doesn't record that? And that was hours apart, even
days inbetween each kill.

Johnus

Feb 12, 2007, 1:02:23 PM2/12/07
to PKHunter

On Feb 12, 12:45 am, "MikeOwnsYou" <MCP13...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How come under the Last Events column there is no kills over the same
> person twice? It only does new people in there. What happens when I
> run out of new people? I've killed the same people over ten times each
> but I guess it doesn't record that? And that was hours apart, even
> days inbetween each kill.

That was fixed AND broken yesterday. The query that was being used to
find duplicates wase using a time range of infinity minutes instead of
4 minutes (the query was returning negative numbers), so it always
thought the new kill was a duplicate submission of an earlier kill.

I fixed that, but now i think it isn't finding dups at all, so at
least on WE i saw that the same kill looked like it was recorded 3x
with times within 15-45 seconds apart.

But that brought me to a wierd thing. on white servers, is there a
time limit before you become red/pink again? On DT, you don't become
red for like 4 minutes or something after a death. Is that true on
white servers? or after you die can you go pink again instantly?

I'm planning on moving legacy deaths/kills to another field in the db
so that kills/deaths only show up as post ToD, but that might have to
wait a couple weeks, as next week i'll be honeymooning in HI, and i
don't think the wife would appreciate me being in the room the whole
time messing with code :)

MikeOwnsYou

Feb 12, 2007, 8:05:28 PM2/12/07
to PKHunter