Oh so close!

Johnus

Jan 23, 2007, 11:53:33 PM1/23/07
to PKHunter

PKHunter 2 is literally days from release.

Now that i'm tracking both killshot and actual killer (looting rights),
the rating system is going to have to change.

Here are some of my current thoughts:

* no more "rating based" scores. There are several reasons for this,
but the biggest is that it makes the ratings time sensitive, (order
sensitive). this means that one person's rating change affects
everyone else's rating after that.

* it is really hard to do level based ratings. other players can't be
predictably identified (well, not by me anyway!)

* i'm thinking of doing something like (evaluating from top to bottom):
0 points - killing someone more than 1 time in 60 minutes - end; (you
will never get any points for killing someone repeatedly)
0 points - killing someone with the same patron - end; (you will never
get any points for killing someone who has the same patron)
+1 point - killshot (so aside from the above cases, you'll always get
at least 1 point)
1 point max - killing someone within the same monarchy. (no matter
what, you'll never get more than 1 point for killing someone within
your monarchy, but subject to the 0's above!)
+5 points for looting rights (victim has to leave a corpse, and someone
who witnesses needs to id that corpse (plugin does it automatically.
but if the victim doesn't leave a corpse, nobody gets these points)
[so if you're keeping track, looting rights+killshot gets you 6 points]
+5 points for the first time you kill someone unique.
[so if this is the first time you've ever killed someone, you could max
out at 11 points]

This last unique one is "gameable", as hypothetically you could just
keep creating level 6 characters and killing them. Maybe add a
restriction that the person must be in a monarchy? so maybe i drop
unique down to one or 2 points max?

The bonus for this for me is that kills can be processed instantly, i
don't have to wait for others to submit data to watch for dups or to
see if someone else witnessed and id'd the corpse so you should get
more points or what. It also prevents me from having to regenerate the
ratings entirely every time there's a mistake, i can just fix the
mistake directly.

Johnus

Jan 23, 2007, 11:59:28 PM1/23/07
to PKHunter

I forgot a point:
-2 points for suicides

There's a situation that i'm not sure is possible, but might be...

is it possible that you suicide AND someone else gets looting rights?
if so, then in PK2, you'd still get the 5 points for looting rights on
suicides.

MCP1...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2007, 3:32:08 AM1/24/07
to PKHunter
**0 points - killing someone more than 1 time in 60 minutes - end; (you
will never get any points for killing someone repeatedly)**
Should reduce that to 15-30 minute. It's always the same PvPers, no
matter what server you play on. So fighting the same person 2-3 times
an hour isn't unusual. Would like to see points for that. Maybe 20
minutes? It would still add to the Kills Total #, right? Just not give
you points.

**0 points - killing someone with the same patron - end; (you will
never get any points for killing someone who has the same patron)**
That's cool.

**+1 point - killshot (so aside from the above cases, you'll always get
at least 1 point)**
Good.

**1 point max - killing someone within the same monarchy. (no matter

what, you'll never get more than 1 point for killing someone within
your monarchy, but subject to the 0's above!)

Fair enough.

**+5 points for looting rights (victim has to leave a corpse, and

someone who witnesses needs to id that corpse (plugin does it
automatically. but if the victim doesn't leave a corpse, nobody gets
these points) [so if you're keeping track, looting rights+killshot gets
you 6 points]

**+5 points for the first time you kill someone unique. [so if this is

the first time you've ever killed someone, you could max out at 11
points]

Don't really like this one. That's +5 for killing little newblets.
Putting a character in a monarchy isn't that hard, only takes 2
characters. I'd say maybe have this a +1 point cap on this, not +5.

Also, suicides should be -5. No questions. Suiciding is weak...

Hope this helps...

Johnus

Jan 24, 2007, 8:28:25 PM1/24/07
to PKHunter

On Jan 24, 12:32 am, "MCP13...@gmail.com" <MCP13...@gmail.com> wrote:
> **0 points - killing someone more than 1 time in 60 minutes - end; (you
> will never get any points for killing someone repeatedly)**
> Should reduce that to 15-30 minute. It's always the same PvPers, no
> matter what server you play on. So fighting the same person 2-3 times
> an hour isn't unusual. Would like to see points for that. Maybe 20
> minutes? It would still add to the Kills Total #, right? Just not give
> you points.

You'd always get kills/etc updating, you just wouldn't get points.

The thing i'm trying to avoid here was the case (specificly on DT)
where people just killed eachother back and forth repeatedly,
constantly increasing their ratings.

> **+5 points for the first time you kill someone unique. [so if this is
> the first time you've ever killed someone, you could max out at 11
> points]
> Don't really like this one. That's +5 for killing little newblets.
> Putting a character in a monarchy isn't that hard, only takes 2
> characters. I'd say maybe have this a +1 point cap on this, not +5.

What about something like +1 point for every 50 verified levels? (once
per 50 levels?)
Ie, if you killed a level 50 for the first time, you'd get 1 more
point. when they hit 100, if you kill them again, you get another 1
point.
If you kill someone who's level 200, you'd get 4 points. This implies
that you could id them, though. But as soon as you could id them,
you'd get points for the next kill of them. (ie, you couldn't id them
at 50, so you didn't get 1 point for that), but later on you could id
them, and they were level 101 at the time you killed them, you'd get 2
more points for that kill.

> Also, suicides should be -5. No questions. Suiciding is weak...

That is totally plausable.

MCP1...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2007, 7:07:13 AM1/25/07
to PKHunter
I dunno about the verifying thing. I never happen to ID people, and
what if you can't ID them and it's all ??'s...Ya know? Should just add
a +1 if it's a new person, nothing too much. Don't want to make it too
complicated :)

Kalazar

Feb 5, 2007, 11:08:47 AM2/5/07
to PKHunter
About the 60 min thing, I think it should be reduced to around 10-20
mins. I play Solclaim and sometimes duel the same people 5 times in 20
mins.