Suggestions: Point-deduction penalties / Autosubmission of activity

Bloody Lovin'

Feb 11, 2007, 6:33:13 AM2/11/07
to PKHunter
First of all, thank you for all the work you put into reviving this
plugin -its put a little more fun back into the game for myself and
many others I know. As some constructive criticism from those in my
clan (I'm a monarch), I think the new system would be an even better
indicator of a pvp's overall success if:

1. People actually lost points for dying as already people are running
around killing total cans i.e. mules to boost their scores (perhaps
different amounts depending on criteria similar to scoring on kills)

2. Submission of ALL witnessed activity was automatic, so those who
dont run decal when they pvp (many) can get properly accounted for
(for example, I am not showing about 50 kills because of this fact)

Peeps please give me your thoughts on these suggestions or add any
other ideas that you come up with to optimize.

Thanks

John Gardner

Feb 11, 2007, 7:59:16 PM2/11/07
to PKHu...@googlegroups.com
On 2/11/07, Bloody Lovin' <Hot_L...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1. People actually lost points for dying as already people are running
> around killing total cans i.e. mules to boost their scores (perhaps
> different amounts depending on criteria similar to scoring on kills)

This is true. But the only difference you'd see is mules with
negative ratings... The problem with losing points is that it makes
people run away or suicide to avoid someone else getting the points.

> 2. Submission of ALL witnessed activity was automatic, so those who
> dont run decal when they pvp (many) can get properly accounted for

It is submitting all kills that it sees. The plug-in submits
everything you see on the witnessed page, not just your deaths, kills.
If you see player X kill player Y, that will show up too.

> (for example, I am not showing about 50 kills because of this fact)

What does that mean? you weren't running decal, so your kills weren't
submitted?

It doesn't matter if other players or your victims weren't running the
plugin, its still getting submitted.