Lots happening with Rocky's Campaign In NJ- Come Join Us Thursday

Joanne O'Neill

Jul 1, 2012, 9:47:08 PM7/1/12
to PDA Progressive Democracy South Jersey, PDA - NJ, Occupy Trenton, Occupy NewtonNJ, Occupy New Jersey, Occupy Atlantic City, NJ Accountability&Justice, NJ...@googlegroups.com

Dear Rocky Supporters

Last week our meeting at Capone’s proved to be very fruitful. I am sorry it has taken me this long to get this info out to you but I had problems with my browser and it doesn’t take my computer being down long for me to get behind. What a difference a day makes !

Here is the information for the next couple of meetings for the Justice Party of New Jersey and Rocky’s Campaign:

THIS WEEK

When: Thursday, July 5th at 7:00pm

Where: Lawrence Library , Room 1

 2751 Brunswick Pike
 Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

 Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/Mn5y

NEXT WEEK

When: Wednesday, July 11th at 7:00pm

Where: Collingswood Library

              771 Haddon Ave.

  Collingswood, NJ 08108

  Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/GZ07

Following Week: (awaiting confirmation)

When:  Tuesday, July 17 at 7:00pm

Where: Allamuchy General Store

              86 Main Street, Allamuchy Township, NJ

                          (908) 852-7004

                           Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/VFgv

We welcomed several new members and proceeded to get down to business.

1. A short discussion was held concerning submitting our NJ Justice Party By-Laws, and why its important we get them completed and submitted as soon as possible. The members of that committee can exchange additions and corrections in the google group , if you wish to help with the by laws send an email to jp...@googlegroups.com or let me know and I can add you directly.

2. We went over the petition requirements and we needed more people working on it. Here are the links for the petition to get Rocky on the ballot:

Electors for President & Vice President

·         Petition Instructions    http://www.nj.gov/state/elections/petitions/2012-general-president-inst.pdf

·         Petition Download the Petitions ( fill in Ross C. (Rocky) Anderson under candidate for President

 http://www.nj.gov/state/elections/petitions/2012-general-president-petition.pdf

·         Requirements for Independent Candidates in the General Election  http://www.nj.gov/state/elections/candidate_pdf/independent-candidate-requirements-2012-0301.pdf

·         New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission (ELEC)
New Jersey Campaign Financing and Lobbying Disclosure http://www.elec.state.nj.us/

·         Federal Election Commission  http://www.fec.gov/  Federal reporting requirements for contributions and expenses.

Tim O’Neill said he filed all the paper work with the FEC and also with the state. He received our number.

He also opened up a post office box necessary to file paperwork.

The mailing address is:  Justice Party of New Jersey Committee is PO Box 8, Collingswood, NJ 08108

3. IMPORTANT- Went over the newly formed Social Media Team and looking for people to sign up to help. It only takes about 15 minutes a day to do basically what you do now. Monitor your usual websites and place articles on your Facebook and Tweeter. Since 3rd party candidates do not have the funds for TV ads, this is one of the most important parts you can help with for the campaign. If you wish to get involved contact D’Marie Mulattieri,   dmulattie...@gmail.com or 801-990-5300.

4. We discussed the upcoming Meet and Greet fundraiser for Rocky.

  • Here is the 8 x 11 poster for the event to post at Wawa’s, coffee shops, grocery stores, student lounges and other places with public bulletin boards. NOTE: Please let me know how many of these you can hang up and I will send them to you. http://www.scribd.com/doc/98829139/8x11poster

  • Mary Ellen volunteered to do a press advisory now and also do up press releases at time of event.

  • Charles and Ernest said they would work on posting the fundraiser on Event Calendars. Below are links to publications with event listings.

  • Go to Patch.com  http://www.patch.com/#  , click on New Jersey , register on site , pick a  town, and then post details of fundraiser under events.

  • These are links to newspapers and other media by states.

a)  This site is pretty neat because it provides keycodes to their facebook, twitter, address,phone number for editor, and what areas a publication covers, plus in the right column gives more info for Craigslist, radio, TV and Colleges. http://www.usnpl.com/ctnews.php

b) This site provides a keycode at the top that defines what each Newspaper/Media is.

  http://www.abyznewslinks.com/unite.htm

Media Type
BC-Broadcast
IN-Internet
MG-Magazine
NP-Newspaper

Media Focus
AG-Agriculture
AL-Alternative
BU-Busines
CO-College University

ET-Ethnic
GI-General Interest
RL-Religion

Language
ENG-English
POR-Portuguese
SPA-Spanish

  • We still need  a couple of volunteers to do decorating that day for the fundraiser.

5. Find events in your area to do tabling to hand out info about Rocky and to get people to sign petition plus have a sign up sheet for volunteers http://www.scribd.com/doc/98831689/Sign-in-Sheet Here are sites to check for events:

Find Events in Your Area:

  • Festival Network Online

http://festivalnet.com/index.html

  • Arts and Crafts Yellow Pages (click on your state)

http://www.smartfrogs.com/art_and_craft_shows_fairs_festival_listings_in_Alabama.html

  • Fairs and Fun (in the right side column click on your state ).

http://www.fairsandfun.com/

  • Protest.net

http://protest.net/

I hope you will find this list helpful now and building for the future. Any questions, as always feel free to contact me.

Keep up the great work and hope to see you on Thursday.

In Solidarity

Joanne O’Neill

Eastern Regional Coordinator

Nj.just...@gmail.com