Philly Protest: Stand up to the dirty fracking industry Sept.20 !

Joanne O'Neill

Sep 19, 2012, 8:47:13 PM9/19/12
to OccupyTrenton, Justice Party of New Jersey, NJ Occupy Labor Outreach, PDA Progressive Democracy South Jersey, PDA - NJ, Occupy NewtonNJ, Occupy New Jersey, Occupy Atlantic City, NJ Accountability&Justice, NJ...@googlegroups.com

Shale Gas Outrage 2012

On September 20th, stand up to the dirty fracking industry!

Marcellus Shale gas extraction has already hurt workers and residents, poisoning air, water and land in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, while threatening New York and New Jersey. Using a process they know to be inherently unsafe, the oil and gas industry is playing fast and loose with our essential resources and risking public health. Join us September 20th at a major protest, hosted by Protecting Our Waters, to protect workers and residents, air and water, farms and foodsheds, current and future human health.

On September 20th, the fracking industry elite will descend upon Philadelphia for their national conference. Industry will be rubbing elbows with some of our elected officials, their sights set on expanding toxic fracking throughout our region. These are irresponsible, greedy corporations that withhold the science and hire lawyers to navigate the loopholes in legislation. They even incorporate themselves in Delaware to avoid taxes! Their greenwashing doesn't fool anyone: we've seen the damage, and even with a few new regulations, the damage is escalating out of control.

We won't tolerate the corruption of our politicians by industry money. We demand that not one more family be poisoned by drilling and fracking. Every phase of shale gas extraction, processing and distribution puts us all at risk. We must stop fracking: keep every moratorium and ban we've won in place, and expand the Protection Zones (like the Delaware River) outward.

Sign up below to join us at the Thursday, September 20th rally as we stand up for a clean environment, healthy communities and true renewable energy solutions.

Transportation Options

SIGN UP FOR A BUS TO SHALE GAS OUTRAGE HERE:

Central NJ Bus (New Brunswick):https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1185/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=75766

North NJ Bus (Wayne): https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1185/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=75764

Monmouth, NJ Bus (Stops in Red Bank, Jackson and Wall): https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1185/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=75797

New York City Bus: https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1185/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=75792

NO BUS IN YOUR AREA? CHECK OUT THESE CARPOOLS OR CREATE ONE OF YOUR OWN!

Search for posted carpools here: http://action.foodandwaterwatch.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/search.sjs?distributed_event_KEY=691

Can you drive and do you have extra space in your vehicle? Create a carpool page here: http://action.foodandwaterwatch.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/create.sjs?distributed_event_KEY=691

In Solidarity

Joanne ONeill

Eastern Regional Coordinator

Justice Party

Rocky Anderson-Our President 2012

nj.just...@gmail.com

MJB%20082312%20ShaleGasOutrageButtons.jpg