NJ and Philly Up Coming Events - Also Memorial Service for Hutch

1 view

Joanne O'Neill

Aug 8, 2012, 2:33:04 PM8/8/12
to PDA Progressive Democracy South Jersey, PDA - NJ, Occupy NewtonNJ, Occupy Trenton, Occupy New Jersey, Occupy Atlantic City, NJ Accountability&Justice, NJ...@googlegroups.com

Justice Party Meeting Wednesday, Aug. 8th

Celebrate ! Rocky On New Jersey Ballot ! Keep Growing the Movement !

Update: Rocky will appear on the ballot in New Jersey as NJ Justice Party . Also won ballot access this week in Michigan and Washington

What: Organizing for Rocky Anderson Visit on Sunday, August 26th and Justice Party of NJ

When: Wednesday, August 8th at 7:00pm

Where: Capone’s Pizzeria , 17 Washington Street, Toms River, NJ (732) 473-1777

• Directions to: http://goo.gl/maps/nnQU

Details:

I. Final Vote on By Laws

II. Rocky will be visiting New Jersey Sunday, August 26. So far we have plans for 2 different locations . Further details to be announced.

• 1 to 3 PM at the South Toms River Recreation Center, 1 Drake Lane, So. Toms River

• 7 to 9 PM at the Morristown Unitarian Fellowship, 21 Normandy Heights Rd., Morristown NJ,

a) Any Further Additions to Itinerary ?

III. Growing our numbers. Just like any living thing, it needs to be fed and nourished to realize the best results.

• We need to grow the number of supporters for Rocky, not only in NJ but across the country. We need volunteers who will help with some small tasks that bring big results.

• The Justice Party is just beginning, and we plan on recruiting candidates to run for State Senate and Assembly next year.

Sign Up :

Sat, Aug 11, 2012 - 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM: Workers Stand for America

Where: Eakins Oval, 26th Street and
             the Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
             Philadelphia, PA 19130

Taking a Stand for America   A disappearing middle class. Jobs that pay less and less.
Working families and students drowning in debt. Profits going straight to the 1 percent.

Is this the America we want?    Support America’s Second Bill of Rights

America needs a Second Bill of Rights, rights that build on the political freedoms of the original by promoting economic freedom and opportunity, as envisioned by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in his State of the Union address in January 1944. It’s time. Read America’s Second Bill of Rights and add your name in support. http://www.workersstandforamerica.com/rights.htm

Join us on August 11 when a cross section of working Americans will gather in Philadelphia –- the birthplace of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights –- to demand an economy that works for all of us.
It’s time to change the conversation. It’s time to take a stand.

Signup at www.aftnj.org. Please indicate at signup which bus you will be reserving:

·        New Brunswick Rutgers Labor Education Center 50 Labor Center Way New Brunswick, NJ 9:00 a.m.

·        Montclair Montclair State University NJ Transit Stop 100 Clove Rd. Little Falls, NJ 8:30 a.m.

Download flier for print.

http://aftnj.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/081112workersstandforamerica.pdf

Memorial Service for New Jersey Activist “Stuart ‘Hutch’ Hutchison” Saturday, August 25th

When: Saturday, August 25th at 11am

Where: Lakeland UU Fellowship, 231 Parish Drive, Wayne, NJ

Details:

·        Following the service there will be lunch for all who want to stay.

·        This will be a time for family and friends to share music, recollections and stories about the life of Stuart.

·        If anyone would like to do a tribute to Hutch in the form of music, recollections, poetry or a special reading, please send an email to :  The Hutchisons  hutch...@optimum.net

·        Also if anyone has PHOTOS of Hutch and would like to share them, please send them to The Hutchisons  hutch...@optimum.net

·        To Post in Comments to Guest Book http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/starledger/guestbook.aspx?n=stuart-hutchison&pid=158451719&cid=full

Tuesday, September 11 from 1 pm to 3 pm: Religious Freedom Forum: Religious Leaders Discussing Church/State Separation

Where: Ethical Society Building, 1906 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia 19103 *

Hosted by: The Clergy Advisory Board of the Delaware Valley Chapter – Americans United for Separation of Church and State

Speakers:

“The Perils of Politicized Pulpits: Do's and Don'ts for Houses of Worship” Reverend Steven Baines, Director Religious Outreach, Americans United for Separation of Church & State, Washington, D.C.

“Some Ethical Considerations about Church/State Separation” Hugh Taft-Morales, Leader, Ethical Society of Philadelphia

“Thoughts on Religious Freedoms” Reverend Thomas Beers, Pastor, Central Baptist Church, Wayne, PA

PLEASE RSVP AT: pres...@dvau.org

*Discounted parking: Parkway Garage, 1845 Walnut St, or E-Z Park, 2101 Chestnut St

email: in...@dvau.org  - http://dvau.org - http://twitter.com/delvalau - http://www.facebook.com/delvalau

September 22, 2012  The Global Frackdown will unite concerned citizens everywhere for a day of action against fracking.

It’s time to expose the oil and gas industry’s propaganda for what it is. It’s time to hold our elected officials accountable. It’s time for a Global Frackdown! RSVP for the event and invite your friends!

Go to http://www.globalfrackdown.org/ to endorse a global call for a ban on fracking, learn more about events in your community or to host an event yourself.