Last Chance: RSVP for Climate Rally this Sunday

Joanne O'Neill

Feb 14, 2013, 2:48:40 PM2/14/13
to PD...@promessage.com, PDA Progressive Democracy South Jersey, PDA - NJ, Occupy New Jersey, Occupy Atlantic City, Occupy NewtonNJ, Occupy Trenton, NJ Accountability&Justice, NJ...@googlegroups.com

It’s only three days until we gather with thousands of other activists in Washington, DC for the historic Forward on Climate Rally. LCV members from North Carolina to New York will be traveling to Washington this Sunday for the largest climate rally in history.

Will you be able to join us this Sunday, February 17th? RSVP here >>

Even if you’ve already made plans to come, please make sure to RSVP on our official form so we can get an accurate headcount and send you information to find our group at the event. We’ll have signs that have the LCV logo and say “Forward on Climate.” Please RSVP so we can bring a sign for you.

I truly hope you’ll be able to make it to this exciting event. When we look back on this moment years from now, I know we’ll be able to say that this is where we created unstoppable momentum for real action on climate change.

LCV logo header

Join us in Washington, DC next Sunday, Feb. 17th, for the largest climate rally in U.S. history! RSVP here >>

Joanne,

Forward on Climate poster

Let us know you’re coming to the rally so we give you a sign like this!
RSVP here >>

Next Sunday, February 17, thousands of citizens will descend on Washington, D.C. for the #ForwardOnClimate rally to show President Obama that we support his call for action to address global warming and stand ready to help face this challenge.

Can you join us? Please RSVP today and join the largest climate rally in U.S. history on Sunday, Feb. 17.

With President Obama’s remarks on climate at his inauguration, and Senator John Kerry’s promise that global warming will be a top priority in his work as incoming Secretary of State, the stage is set for real progress in the fight against climate change.

President Obama has already taken action to make cars more fuel efficient and proposed critical limits on carbon pollution from new power plants. Now he needs to finalize those clean air standards and limit the amount of global warming pollution existing power plants can spew into our air too. He should also reject dirty fuels, starting with the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. But if we want to make that happen, we must show that there is major public support for bold action.

So that’s why we’re joining with 350.org, the Sierra Club, and environmental groups from across the country to organize the largest rally on climate change that our country has ever seen. As an LCV member, you know how important it is to match our words with actions, so I hope you’ll spend the time to come out for it. Here are the details:

What: Forward on Climate Rally
When: February 17, 2013 -- 12 Noon
Where: Washington Monument on the National Mall, Washington DC
Who: LCV, 350.org, The Sierra Club, Hip Hop Caucus and tens of thousands of Americans

There are people coming from all over the country, so please RSVP and we’ll send you all the details you need to get to DC.

This year can and must be the year our nation leads the effort to face the threat of climate change head on. With your help, I know we can do it.

Thanks,
Vanessa
Vanessa Kritzer
Online Campaigns Manager