Corrupt Congressman Robert Andrews: Treating a Campaign Account Like a Piggybank

1 view

Joanne O'Neill

Sep 12, 2012, 2:47:59 PM9/12/12
to PDA - NJ, PDA Progressive Democracy South Jersey, NJ...@googlegroups.com

CREW

Dear Supporter,CREW's Most Corrupt 2012

Somebody needs to tell Rep. Rob Andrews that a campaign account isn’t a personal piggybank.

The Garden State Democrat got caught spending campaign funds on private perks like a family trip to Scotland, travel to Tinseltown with his daughter, and even a high school graduation party.   As a result, he is under investigation by the House Ethics Committee and we’ve placed him on CREW’s list of the Most Corrupt Members of Congress.

Unfortunately, Rep. Andrews isn’t alone. This year there are 19 others who have earned the dubious distinction of being named to our list.

Read all the dirty details here, and then vote for the worst.

Since our first Most Corrupt report in 2005, we’ve named and shamed 81 of Washington’s worst, 32 of whom no longer walk the halls of Congress.  We deserve better.

That's why CREW is working to build a better Washington. Thank you for standing with us while we do.

Melanie Sloan