Making searchable pdfs with PDF-Reuse

George Soulis

Dec 13, 2012, 10:55:29 AM12/13/12
to pdf-...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that the pdf files that I create with pdf-reuse are not searchable.
To be exact I can search for some text of the pdf file that I am using as a "background" but not for the text I added using prText.

My program is just starting a form with prForm then prints on it with a bunch of prText()s and ends with prEnd()

I tried and can't find the text put in the document with psText

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible?

George Soulis

Dec 27, 2013, 5:19:27 PM12/27/13
to pdf-...@googlegroups.com
I did some more testing and I found out that the text I add with prText() is searchable if the active font is selected using prFont() but not prTTFont().

The problem is that with prFont() I don't get to add greek text, which is what I wnat to do.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?