Skippig Windows RT

David Moskowitz

Oct 23, 2012, 7:26:43 AM10/23/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
The more I think about it, the more I'm reasonably convinced that Windows RT is a waste -- at least today. It will not run existing Windows applications and the number and diversity of apps in the Microsoft store is...  almost non-existant compared to Android and iPxxx.

David

RBL

Oct 23, 2012, 8:34:43 AM10/23/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
The one thing we don't know about WinRT is what Microsoft's plans are for it. I am willing to bet this becomes their embedded OS, and could even be aimed at ultimately replacing Windows as we know it.

Microsoft had a lot of success with CE in embedded devices in industrial and retail applications. Most people don't realize this.

David Moskowitz

Oct 27, 2012, 6:00:27 PM10/27/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about replacing Windows on the desktop, but I do expect it to merge with Windows x Phone.

David