Outlook 2012 custom search folder

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 14, 2012, 3:56:50 PM9/14/12
to pctol
I created a custom search folder in Outlook 2012 and the folder is on the botom of my folder list.

How the heck do I move any custom folders up to the top ? Maybe even above the inbox folder

(some above and some below)

thanks,
Mezz

--
 God Bless America
theMezz.com

 "There's nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men.
  True nobility is being superior to your former self"
                             - Hemingway

RBL

Sep 14, 2012, 5:57:14 PM9/14/12
to Joe Mezzanini
I'm assuming you id the obvious and selected it, and hit Ctrl+V?

On Friday, September 14, 2012, 3:56:50 PM, you wrote:

I created a custom search folder in Outlook 2012 and the folder is on the botom of my folder list.

How the heck do I move any custom folders up to the top ? Maybe even above the inbox folder

(some above and some below)

thanks,
Mezz

--
 God Bless America
theMezz.com

 "There's nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men.

  True nobility is being superior to your former self"
                             - Hemingway

--
This is a message from the PC TALK Online BBS.
* The BBS is open to all.

'"Always program as if the person who will be maintaining your program is a violent psychopath that knows where you live." - Martin Golding

Rich Levin
Voice: 484-552-4084
Skype: 484-552-4088
http://www.rblevin.org

Rich M

Sep 15, 2012, 8:33:06 AM9/15/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com, pctol
Joe you cannot move it above the Inbox but if you left click and drag and drop it above where it is, you should be able to move it anywhere else. You also can drag it to your Favorites on the very top, just not above the Inbox.

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 17, 2012, 8:21:16 AM9/17/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
It does nothing  - what is it suppose to do..?

 God Bless America

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 17, 2012, 8:23:27 AM9/17/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
I don't have a favorites !

Inline image 1

--
This is a message from the PC TALK Online BBS.
* The BBS is open to all.
* We support all operating systems.
* Get support or just talk with other users at http://BBS.RBLevin.net
Post a message by e-mailing PC...@googlegroups.com

 God Bless America
image.png

Rich M

Sep 18, 2012, 9:01:05 AM9/18/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Right click any folder say "Inbox". Do you see "Show in Favorites" and if you do click on it.

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 18, 2012, 11:01:27 AM9/18/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
I do not have a Show In Favorites !!

Ugh

froz...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2012, 11:32:31 PM9/19/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com, pctol
Any and all folders in Outlook can be dragged just about anywhere you want to put them = and if you really want a favorites just create one with a right click where you want it.
That has worked with all versions back to 95? and 2010 the last time I looked.
Don't know about 2012 though, I'm still stuck in the land of Outlook 2000 while keeping 8 customers happy.
At least they no longer use 8" floppies on their IBM's.
Frozen

On Friday, September 14, 2012 3:57:32 PM UTC-4, theMezz.com wrote:

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 20, 2012, 8:26:14 AM9/20/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Well, SEARCH FOLDERS (not to be confused with regular folders) cannot be moved anywhere.

Every search folder you make ends up below a folder called "Search Folders"- You can't move these, but you should be able to right click on one or some and then select ADD TO FAVORITES. Since I  have no Favorites file I cannot do that.

Inline image 1

Also, if I simply create a folder called "Favorites" - I end up with a simple folder that is just that. It does not have the characteristics of the actual Favorites folder. According to the Outlook help section - users can turn the Favorites folder on and off.  But that doesn't work for me either.

I might try this today  http://goo.gl/taeYG

--
This is a message from the PC TALK Online BBS.
* The BBS is open to all.
* We support all operating systems.
* Get support or just talk with other users at http://BBS.RBLevin.net
Post a message by e-mailing PC...@googlegroups.com

 God Bless America
image.png

theMezz.com

Sep 20, 2012, 9:07:31 AM9/20/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Case Closed.
Fixed by IT guys ...
Don't know what they did.
Maybe a group policy setting or something
Unsubscribe by e-mailing PCTOL-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com