can't return shortcut to all programs list

MG8...@aol.com

Dec 26, 2013, 6:56:55 AM12/26/13
to PC...@googlegroups.com
I've successfully managed to somehow move a program shortcut from the "all programs" list and deposit it on my desktop. I haven't figured a way to get it back the all programs list. This is on my Dell laptop, win7 professional. If I click on the start orb and then all programs, the list shows up. As soon as i click on the misplaced shortcut icon, the all program list disappears. Right clicking the shortcut does not give an option to move or copy it to the all programs list.. Opening the program also does not offer that option. How do I get the shortcut back onto the all programs list? Thanks.

PS, for some reason I can not post directly to this forum.
Mark

RBL

Dec 29, 2013, 9:01:05 PM12/29/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com, PC...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Simply copy the shortcut into your Programs folder. It's located here:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Rich
Message has been deleted

MG8...@aol.com

Dec 30, 2013, 6:55:31 AM12/30/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
After playing with it for a while over the weekend, I found an easier way. Left click the icon and drag it to the start orb and kepp holding the left button until the start box appears. While still holdig the elft button down, drag the icon the the "all programs" box until the list of programs appears and then drop it there.