PATC Baker/Rainier Trip

Ethan Zorick

Jun 7, 2022, 5:31:25 PMJun 7
to PATC-MS PATC-MS
Hi All,

Curious as to how the PATC Rainier expedition is evaluating the weather and current conditions?  We are planning on going a week later and are watching the snow continue to pile up.

That is good in some/many ways as the crevasses will be bridged and the footing is likely to be pretty good.  But it is also not so good in many ways with the risk of bad weather and especially crevasses.

In any case, good luck on the trip and I hope you are tracking on the current Baker and Rainier conditions.  The road out to Baker (Coleman-Deming) is still closed and last I read there was a recommendation by the climbing ranges on Rainier to consider bringing flotation to get to Camp Schurman.

-Ethan