John Christian May 3, 1929-May 11, 2022

John Christian

May 13, 2022, 12:00:53 PMMay 13
to PATC-MS
Dear friends,
this is John’s wife Kate Hughes writing to let you know that John passed away at home Tuesday evening around midnight. He had been hospitalized 3 times since August with congestive heart failure and we brought him home under hospice care on Tuesday May 3 his 93rd birthday. A celebration of life will be held in the summer or fall.

Climbing and the Mountaineering Section were totally central to his life. He spoke of you all often in his final days. I would like to write a “climbing obituary” for your website, uprope, the American and Canadian Alpine Clubs- can someone help me with that? Please contact me on email Kate.Hu...@gmail.com. My mobile is 301-943-3918.

Thank you,
Kate Hughes

IPhoned, John

UP Media

May 13, 2022, 2:28:50 PMMay 13
to Mountaineering Section of the PATC
What a major loss. John was a trailblazer and a great mentor. I will miss hearing from him. RIP John.