Sportiva G5 boots

CAROL CLAYTON

Dec 30, 2021, 7:57:24 PM12/30/21
to PatcMountaineering Club
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about these boots? Not the Evo...
And yes, I've read the reviews. I know about the water problem.  This is more about fit and comfort.

Brian Shaffer

Jan 2, 2022, 9:32:29 PMJan 2
to Mountaineering Section of the PATC
I have them (the regular G5, not the Evo). They are a great all around boot. The fit for me was very similar to the Nepal Evo (same size). The G5s are lighter, warmer, and breathe better. The boa takes some getting used to but I like it much better now, much more adjustable.

FWIW I have never had an issue with water coming in and I've gotten them wet, but it does look like the Evo version of this boot is much better in that regard.