Wonnacott stats book

1 view

Anna Heimbichner

Oct 23, 2005, 10:58:49 AM10/23/05
to Oxford...@googlegroups.com
I just bought the Wonnacott and Wonnacott stats book (found a decent
rate on a used copy at amazon.co.uk) and wanted to offer it up to
anyone who needs to borrow it. It can be hard to get a copy at the
library so if you need to use it, let me know!

Anna

Milan

Oct 23, 2005, 1:12:25 PM10/23/05
to Oxford International Relations M.Phil (2005)
Some of the assigned chapters seem to discuss hypothesis testing and
regression: techniques that seem applicable to the third and second
problems in the assignment, respectively. Do you think they just want a
general guess, based on the appearance of the distributions, or
something statistically rigorous and quantified?

I've found, in general, that the quantitative methods course veers
disturbingly between the exceptionally general and the unnecessarily
specific. Which they expect for the assignment, I don't really know.