Un-stucking Bikes Workshop for community bike shop mechanics

Geoff Heath

Mar 9, 2019, 12:46:28 PM3/9/19
to oriolesbikecage
Hey Fellow Community Bike Shop peoples
Next weekend on March 16 I'm running a workshop specifically aimed at a common problem we run into all the time in our DIY shops when working with older bikes; the tyranny of stuck parts.  Please pass along the workshop info below to your mechanics and volunteers!  Facebook event here.

Please feel free to bring along a bike from your shop that has a stuck part to unstick.

Unsticking Stuck Stuff (on a bike) - March 16 @ The WRENCH - 12-2 PM
Seized seatposts?  Stuck stems?  A bottom bracket that won't budge?
Stuck parts can be a frustrating part of repairing old bicycles --- but don't give up, there is hope!

On March 16, join Geoff as he teaches the ins and outs of getting the in stuff out. This workshop will teach participants a variety of techniques for using specialty tools, solvents, heat, leverage and colourful language to get rusty ol bike parts moving again.

This workshop is free (donations welcome), and no pre-registration is required."

Thanks!  Hope to see ya there!

Geoff Heath, Education Director
The Winnipeg Repair Education N' Cycling Hub
1057 Logan Ave. Winnipeg, MB  R3E 3N8
Treaty 1 Territory, Homeland of the Metis Nation
http://www.thewrench.ca