Paid bike auction work at WRENCH

Geoff Heath

Jan 25, 2018, 5:04:46 PM1/25/18
to Co-op Velo-Cite, Co-op Velocite, Matthew Gain, Chantale Garand, Graham Stewart, Glenn MacAulay, riles burg, Cliff Lee, Sam Stevens, oriolesbikecage, Pat Neufeld, Anders Annell, Anna Weier
Hey folks
The WRENCH will again be holding Auction build days providing paid casual employment for community bike shop mechanics.  If any of you are interested, or have volunteers who you think would be suitable, please reply to Anders - in...@thewrench.ca
By "suitable", I mean that said volunteer should be fairly competent at diagnosing and repairing bikes.  We pay by the hour for this work and mechanics are expected to be able to work fairly quickly and efficiently.

Here's the deets:
* Each Friday, starting February 16th until about mid-April, we'd like a maximum of 8 people to be at the shop fixing up bikes.
* It pays hourly - $15/hour.  Expect about 7.5 hours per Friday if you take a short lunch break.
* The bikes we'll be fixing come from The City of Winnipeg's Bicycle Recovery Service.  Some will need very little love, some will need lots.  Some bikes will be modern and some will be older like most of the other bikes fixed up at our shops.
* Each bicycle is checked over for the little things and will be given back to you to finish if something important is found (eg. loose hubs, brake pads squeaking).

Hope to hear from some of ya!
Cheers

Geoff Heath, Education Director
The Winnipeg Repair Education N' Cycling Hub
1057 Logan Ave. Winnipeg, MB  R3E 3N8
Treaty 1 Territory, Homeland of the Metis Nation
http://www.thewrench.ca