Community Bike Shop Crawl

Geoff Heath

Oct 10, 2018, 4:09:29 PM10/10/18
to Matthew Gain, Coach Dave, General Coordinator, Bike Lab Jocelyn McLean, Co-op Velocite, Co-op Velo-Cite, oriolesbikecage, Anna Weier
Hey folks
So it's been a few years since we've done one of these & I think we're overdue to have a good ol time together.  Here's a proposed schedule.  Please let me know if you're into the idea and willing to bottom line opening up your shop for the occasion.

Winnipeg Community Bike Shop Crawl - Sunday, Oct 21
The WRENCH - 1:00 - 1:45
Orioles Bike Cage - 2:00 - 2:30
U of W Bike Lab - 2:45 - 3:15
Co-op Velocite - 3:30 - 4;00
The Bike Dump - 4:15 - 4:45
South Osborne Bike Hub - 5:00 - 5:30

The idea is that this is a social ride for volunteers of our local community shops to get together, meet each other, see each other's spaces, be bike nerds and have a good time!  Each shop usually provides some snacks or drinks or entertainment (or all 3?)  Former entertainment options have included live music, bike jousting on kids's bikes, stupid games on kids bikes, movies projected on the wall, flat fixing races, etc.  Sometimes folks fire up a BBQ, sometimes there's a big ol pot of chili.
In previous years riders have quaffed some beers as part of this ride.  If you'd prefer to have your space be a dry space, please let me know and I'll be sure to communicate that to everyone.  Some shops/stops might provide alcohol, but drinking isn't the focus here.

Expect 15-30 participants. I'm going to make a poster and have some prizes.  The WRENCH can pitch $30 to each shop to put towards snacks or drinks or whatever, but feel free to spend more if ya want.  I'll need receipts.

Yeah woo!

PS- Sorry Anna, I think U of M is just to damn far away! Unless you wanna try and end it there?  Would love to see some of your staff/volunteers join us though!

Geoff Heath, Education Director
The Winnipeg Repair Education N' Cycling Hub
1057 Logan Ave. Winnipeg, MB  R3E 3N8
Treaty 1 Territory, Homeland of the Metis Nation
http://www.thewrench.ca