Bright Yellow Spider

Rick Dunaven

May 17, 2010, 9:29:21 PM5/17/10
to Oregon Entomological Society
I found this spider on a Brussel Sprout Plant today. I've never seen
such a bright yellow spider before. What is it?

spoonlegs

Oct 23, 2010, 4:22:44 PM10/23/10
to Rick Dunaven, oregon...@googlegroups.com
Rick - - I was interested in seeing if I knew your yellow spider that
you asked about back in May, but could not (& still cannot) find the
picture of your spider, or any place on the google group to store
pictures at all.

Everyone - - It looks to me like google is not dropping google
groups, just revamping it. Still, I would prefer moving to a yahoo
group, as i know and understand the yahoo system and where to find
everything. I would actually use this group if I knew how!

Any other thoughts?

greta

Greta L.

Oct 24, 2010, 3:16:37 PM10/24/10
to Rick Dunaven, oregon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

Aha!  Great pictures!  I had a hunch it would be a crab spider!

I've seen this sort of person around before - - and have just been calling it a yellow crab spider.  In the book I have, it looks identical to the Goldenrod Spider, aka the Flower Spider.  Misumena vatia, in the crab spider family (Thomisidae)

Thanks!

greta