Event: How to build community around open source data/hardware/software

Wayne Moses Burke

May 29, 2013, 10:20:04 PM5/29/13
to ogp--us-civil-soci...@googlegroups.com, open-go...@googlegroups.com, transpar...@googlegroups.com, opengovernm...@googlegroups.com

Please let your govie friends know about this (outsiders are also welcome). The timing seems to be pretty good for a lot of agencies.

Thanks,

Wayne

---

Open Source Summit v3.0: Communities

"Enhancing government understanding of open source software, hardware, and data communities -- how they function, how to engage existing communities, and how to establish new ones."

When: Tuesday, June 25 - Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Where: NYU in DC, 1307 L St NW, DC

Website: http://ossummit.org/

This year's Open Source Summit will explain how to build, engage with, and maintain open source communities -- and when we say open source, we don't just mean software, we also mean hardware and data.

If you are a federal civil servant that needs to build or engage with an open source community, you should plan on attending.

Be warned however: this is not your average event! The multi-agency planning team is tasked with ensuring that the event provides substantive benefit to federal agency personnel, and the format is uniquely designed to deliver not just abstract content from subject matter experts (of course we have those), but also the opportunity to see this knowledge applied to a specific case study, and then to learn how to apply it to your specific situation.

Oh, yeah! Did we mention the price? It's free! Join us: http://ossummit.org/

---
Wayne Moses Burke
Executive Director
Open Forum Foundation
http://open4m.org/
202.640.1787
LinkedIn.com/in/wmburke
Twitter @wmburke

"Giving you a voice in the decisions that shape your world"