AAAI 2011 Fall Symposium on Open Government Knowledge, This weekend (Nov 4-6), Washington DC

Patrice McDermott

Nov 2, 2011, 10:25:23 AM11/2/11
to opengovernm...@googlegroups.com

http://tw.rpi.edu/web/event/AAAI/2011/Fall_Symposium_OGK

Of possible interest to some on this list.  I don’t see anything about cost.

AAAI Fall Symposium on Open Government Knowledge: AI Opportunities and Challenges 2011
Description: Relevant topics include the automatic and semi-automatic creation of linked data resources, ontologies for government data, entity linking and co-reference detection between linked data resources, adding temporal qualifications to government data, creating mash-ups with open government data, linked open government data analysis, metadata for provenance, certainty and trust, policies for information sharing, privacy and use, social networks and government data, machine learning applied to government data, data visualization techniques, and applications. This symposium will include a mix of invited talks, paper presentations, panels, system demonstrations, a poster session, and discussions. We plan to have several invited speakers drawn from government, academia and industry. We will run panels on the emerging challenges and best practices, including (i) how to enhance transparency and interoperability within an agency and across different agencies/countries, and (ii) how to promote nationwide health information network that effectively integrates government-curated public records and citizens' personal health data.
Dates: November 4, 2011 - November 7, 2011
Concepts: Semantic Faceted Browse/Search, Xinformatics, Web Science, Provenance, Semantic Web, Data Science

Patrice McDermott, Director

OpenTheGovernment.org