Cool write up on Hackaday about Low Cost Biomedical Imaging!

OpenBiomedicalImaging

Jan 8, 2019, 1:29:00 PM1/8/19
to OpenBiomedicalImaging
We just got written up on Hackaday! It will be very interesting to see what people do with this technology once the kit is released.

I've had a variety of people suggesting things from neurosurgery applications(I find this angle very exciting as I like neuroscience!), fruit ripeness, improvements to general surgical tools, better measurements of weight loss in gyms, and a super interesting embryo testing application.

Different suggestions on ways to improve it have included a photogrammetry addition so that when you put the electrodes on the body you know exactly where they are located making the body reconstruction more accurate, acousto electrical impedance tomography(someone wants to add ultrasonic transducers to it), a rotating sensor to increase the apparent number of electrodes and more...

Love to hear your suggestions as to improvements and additions. I've started a documentation section on github here: https://openeit.github.io  where I'll slowly add the basic tutorials.

As always,

Jean