SWD header/ Pin Out

Bill Kowalski

Jul 20, 2021, 5:04:41 PM7/20/21
to OpenBiomedicalImaging
Is there a diagram or documentation I have missed. I do have a J-LINK, but the connectors are a bit different then the adapter I have. Unsure of what I need to purchase and which PCB interface to use.

Thank you,

bk

Jean Rintoul

Jul 21, 2021, 7:27:50 AM7/21/21
to Bill Kowalski, OpenBiomedicalImaging
Hello,
The readme here gives the details on the J-LINK:https://github.com/OpenEIT/EIT_Firmware

They have another segger tiny one j-link which doesn't work because they disabled VCOM functionality. The normal/big size Segger with SWD adapter works well though and comes in an educational version.

Bill Kowalski

Jul 26, 2021, 1:21:52 PM7/26/21
to OpenBiomedicalImaging
Thank you--- I got my cable. I have read through documentation, but still struggling a bit.
I am running through the example referenced, and am attempting to install the default firmware to use the eval kit software per recommendation: https://ez.analog.com/analog-microcontrollers/precision-microcontrollers/w/documents/2411/aducm350-faq-evaluation-kit-software-platform

It seems my J-LINK does not show up as a com port (is that what you mean by "they disable VCOM functionality"), and I assume that is my issue here. However, jlink commander does communicate with my computer. Should I be trying to install everything via JLINK or is the programmer in the example supported?
Capture.PNG

Bill Kowalski

Jul 26, 2021, 1:47:39 PM7/26/21
to OpenBiomedicalImaging
If I try to run JLINK commands-- stuck at "core did not halt after reset..."

J-Link Command File read successfully.
Processing script file...

J-Link connection not established yet but required for command.
Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
Firmware: J-Link V10 compiled Jun 29 2021 16:11:46
Hardware version: V10.10
S/N: 51003611
License(s): GDB
VTref=3.341V
Device "ADUCM350" selected.

Connecting to target via SWD
Cannot connect to target.

Target connection not established yet but required for command.
Device "ADUCM350" selected.

Connecting to target via SWD
Found SW-DP with ID 0x2BA01477
DPIDR: 0x2BA01477
Scanning AP map to find all available APs
AP[1]: Stopped AP scan as end of AP map has been reached
AP[0]: AHB-AP (IDR: 0x24770011)
Iterating through AP map to find AHB-AP to use
AP[0]: Core found
AP[0]: AHB-AP ROM base: 0xE00FF000
CPUID register: 0x412FC231. Implementer code: 0x41 (ARM)
Found Cortex-M3 r2p1, Little endian.
FPUnit: 0 code (BP) slots and 0 literal slots
CoreSight components:
ROMTbl[0] @ E00FF000
ROMTbl[0][0]: E000E000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 000BB000 SCS
ROMTbl[0][1]: E0001000, CID: 40000000, PID: 40000000 ???
ROMTbl[0][2]: E0002000, CID: B105E00D, PID: 002BB003 FPB
ROMTbl[0][3]: E0000000, CID: B1B1B1B1, PID: B1B1B1B1 ???
ROMTbl[0][4]: E0040000, CID: 00000000, PID: 00000000 ???
ROMTbl[0][5]: E0041000, CID: B105900D, PID: 003BB924 ETM-M3
Cortex-M3 identified.
Reset delay: 0 ms
Reset type NORMAL: Resets core & peripherals via SYSRESETREQ & VECTRESET bit.
ResetTarget() start
Core did not halt after reset, manually halting CPU...
Reset locked-up core.
ResetTarget() end
CPU could not be halted

****** Error: Failed to halt CPU.

Without any give address range, Erase Chip will be executed
Erasing device...
CPU could not be halted

****** Error: Cannot read register 16 (XPSR) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 20 (CFBP) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 0 (R0) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 1 (R1) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 2 (R2) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 3 (R3) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 4 (R4) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 5 (R5) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 6 (R6) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 7 (R7) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 8 (R8) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 9 (R9) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 10 (R10) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 11 (R11) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 12 (R12) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 14 (R14) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 15 (R15) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 17 (MSP) while CPU is running
Cannot read register 18 (PSP) while CPU is running

Bill Kowalski

Jul 26, 2021, 2:50:59 PM7/26/21
to OpenBiomedicalImaging
Maybe making progress. Running cme2sd (from manufacturer), I am at "press download an pulse reset on hardware". However, my device does not have the buttons required to do this... am I just needing to do some kind of pin reset?