Catalan translation

Adrià Mercader

Mar 30, 2010, 5:24:00 PM3/30/10
to openaddresses
Hi,
First of all congratulations to all the people involved in the
project. It is an excellent initiative and it will surely have a huge
impact in the geospatial world.
My first modest contribution has been the Catalan translation, but I'm
not sure how to submit the changes. Should I send the xls file to this
discussion list or commit it directly to the trunk?

Thanks for your time

Adrià Mercader

Cédric MOULLET

Mar 31, 2010, 12:02:41 AM3/31/10
to openad...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thansk
Please send it to this list.
Cédric

2010/3/30 Adrià Mercader <ampta...@hotmail.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to openaddresses+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Welcome to my world: http://www.cedricmoullet.com/
My Linked In profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/cedricmoullet

Adrià Mercader

Mar 31, 2010, 3:49:24 AM3/31/10
to openad...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Here it goes.

Adrià

From: cedric....@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:02:41 +0200
Subject: Re: Catalan translation
To: openad...@googlegroups.com

Compartir tus mejores FOTOS es fácil en Messenger ¡DESCUBRE cómo!
OpenAddressesTranslation.xls

rolf

Mar 31, 2010, 6:55:11 AM3/31/10
to openaddresses
cool!!

thank-you Adrià!

On 31 Mrz., 09:49, Adrià Mercader <amptarr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Here it goes.
>
> Adrià
>

> From: cedric.moul...@gmail.com
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:02:41 +0200
> Subject: Re: Catalan translation
> To: openad...@googlegroups.com
>
> Hi,Thansk
> Please send it to this list.Cédric
>

> 2010/3/30 Adrià Mercader <amptarr...@hotmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> First of all congratulations to all the people involved in the
>
> project. It is an excellent initiative and it will surely have a huge
>
> impact in the geospatial world.
>
> My first modest contribution has been the Catalan translation, but I'm
>
> not sure how to submit the changes. Should I send the xls file to this
>
> discussion list or commit it directly to the trunk?
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> Adrià Mercader
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to openaddresses+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.
>
> --
> Welcome to my world:http://www.cedricmoullet.com/
> My Linked In profile:http://www.linkedin.com/in/cedricmoullet
>
> Twitter:http://twitter.com/cedricmoullet

> ¿Quieres saber qué PC eres? ¡Descúbrelo aquí!http://www.quepceres.com/
>
>  OpenAddressesTranslation.xls
> 193KAnzeigenHerunterladen

Cédric MOULLET

Apr 1, 2010, 2:01:29 AM4/1/10
to openad...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just integrated your translation. Could you please validate that it is ok in the dev server: http://geolin01.cti.ac.at/openaddresses/?lang=ca&charset=utf-8&northing=5070431.1620401&easting=241005.95018305&zoom=14&overlayOpacity=0.7 ?
BTW: do you own some free and open addresses of this area ?
May I also ask that you present this project to the spain OS community ? (OSM etc..). Some communication docs are here: http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/Release_BETA_PressRelease
Thanks a lot !
Cédric

Adrià Mercader

Apr 1, 2010, 4:11:59 AM4/1/10
to openad...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cédric,
The catalan translation looks great. The only issue is that the language name in the language combo should be "Català".
I own very few things and open addresses are not one of them :) I work with municipal governments that have their own data. Do you have some kind of document or resource describing the benefits of opening this kind of data?
As for presenting the project to the Spanish community, I will be glad to translate the Press Release and Community Email to Catalan and Spanish and send them to some discussion lists I'm subscribed (OSGeo Spain, OSGeo Barcelona). I'm not really involved with the OSM community, but I will send an email to the Spanish list.
Obviously, as I don't know the project yet, I will forward all doubts and comments to this list.

Adrià

From: cedric....@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:01:29 +0200

¿Te gustaría tener Hotmail en tu móvil Movistar? ¡Es gratis!

Hans-Jörg Stark (OpenAddresses)

Apr 1, 2010, 4:42:35 AM4/1/10
to openad...@googlegroups.com

Hello Adrià

"Do you have some kind of document or resource describing the benefits of opening this kind of data?"

Perhaps this may help: a study from Australia on the value in general of spatial data: http://www.crcsi.com.au/uploads/publications/PUBLICATION_324.pdf

Page X:  "Spatial information is increasingly being used in most sectors of the economy where it is having a direct impact on productivity."

Further if spatial data is not available or not compeletely:

Page Xii: " Constraints on access to data are estimated to have reduced the direct productivity impacts in certain sectors by between 5% and 15%."

Page XiX: " The consequences of gaps in fundamental data include: inefficiencies in planning [..] lost opportunities for innovation and development of new products by the private sector [..]less opportunity for new approaches to asset management."

Page XXV: "The spatial information industry is creating valuable options for Australian society – in economic, environmental and social terms. The risk is that some of these options could be extinguished through non optimal policies and programs." (replace Australian with Spanish…) -

OA has the potential to bridge these non optimal policies and programs and help promote and apply spatial data and bring it into businesses that have not yet used such data for their analysis or daily business.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Hans-Jörg

Cédric MOULLET

Apr 1, 2010, 7:59:39 AM4/1/10
to openad...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have integrate the translations on the main site.
Thanks so much.
I start a new thread regarding the donation reasons.
Cédric

Hans-Jörg Stark

Sep 7, 2010, 7:25:00 AM9/7/10
to <openaddresses@googlegroups.com>