Rainbow, Double-Striped and Westfall’s Slender bluets at Mount Pleasant ponds

Stephanie Allen

May 22, 2022, 8:49:05 PM5/22/22
to Ont-...@googlegroups.com
Bill asked that I post this to the group as someone was asking for locations of one of these species.

I’ve found all three of these species at the Mount Pleasant ponds and all at the same time of year around June 20.

I found the Slender last year and the Double-Striped the year before, I think these might be the only known locations for both species in Brant County. Rainbow i’ve found there consistently at that time of year.

The ponds are man-made, for fishing I assume, very ugly with an unnatural shape, mown regularly right to the waters edge and teaming with blue dashers.

But they are accessible and seem to be a great spot for damsels.

Stephanie