Stygian Shadowdragons in Lambton/Middlesex

Scott Connop

Jul 26, 2023, 2:54:53 PM7/26/23
to Ont-Odes
On June 22/21, oridgen10 posted flight shots of a day-flying Stygian Shadowdragon from the Ausable River north of Rock Glen where there is a historical record (2003) of one. On June 30/23, James Holdsworth informed me of seeing another day-flier further downriver near the old Hwy. 7 bridge (now Elginfield Rd.). I set up under the bridge that night and, at 9:18PM observed one shadowdragon quickly followed by two more cruising low over the water and making short oval circuits close to the bank on the Lambton side. One was captured for photos. I never moved beyond a 10 meter stretch of the river so it is hard not to postulate that there could be many more. Unfortunately, our weather went to the dogs and the river levels went crazy. At least one subsequent trip was unsuccessful.
Stygian Shadowdragon JUN 30 2023 DS383.JPG