Comet Darner at Clear Creek Provincial Nature Reserve, Chatham-Kent

Blake A. Mann

Jul 15, 2022, 8:19:49 PM7/15/22
to Ont-Odes
Today, I caught up with a Comet Darner at the old quarry off Cochrane Line in east Chatham-Kent.  I missed it last year after several attempts!  This is a spot I discovered for Comet Darner a number of years ago.
There was not much in the way of bluets and dancers, but I did find a Double-striped Bluet here, Azure Bluet, Skimming Bluet, Violet Dancer and Blue-fronted Dancer of course.
It is a good spot for Calico Pennant, with many individuals.
Slaty Skimmer was here, and several other common species.

Cheers,
Blake A. Mann
Wallaceburg

comet 1.JPG