Emergence today

Bill Lamond

May 24, 2024, 12:12:08 AMMay 24
to ont-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today (23 May) I saw my first Midland Clubtail of the year, right on schedule I think. I usually first see this species in the last week of May. They are quite striking when very young, with the contrasting jet black and bright yellow colour pattern. This individual was near the Cainsville sewage ponds in Brant. The source of the ode was likely the nearby Fairchild Creek .

Also today was my first Eastern Pondhawk of the year at Holditch School Rd, also in Brant. Again, right on schedule for this species.

No Boghaunters down here!

Bill