Arrow Clubtail, Minden, ON

ed.barb ed.barb

Jul 15, 2023, 5:15:30 PM7/15/23
to ont-...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Today, I paddled the Gull River south of Minden to Gull Lake with some friends. Close to where the river empties into Gull Lake at Sandy Bay, I pulled out on a friend's dock and noticed several exuviae clinging to the side. One was a Stygian Shadowdragon, the second was a Zebra Clubtail, but the remaining 2 were Arrow Clubtails. Although I have suspected that they occurred here somewhere (they are known from Algonquin to the north, Muskoka to the northwest, and Simcoe Co. to the southwest), this is a new addition to the Haliburton County ode list (as far as I'm aware), and the 113th species. I will post pics on iNaturalist once I get the chance to get a few images of the exuviae.

Cheers,

Ed Poropat

Haliburton, ON