Possible female Spangled Skimmer

John Reaume

Jun 27, 2022, 9:31:26 PM6/27/22
to Ont-...@googlegroups.com
I was birding in the Perth Wildlife Reserve Conservation Area this evening. Around 3 p.m. I was just finishing the loop of trail by the butterfly garden near the pond when I saw an unfamiliar female dragonfly.
I was able to take the following images.
I was wondering if this could be a female Spangled Skimmer?
Coordinates are approximately:
Lat 44.888865
Lon -76.203631
After taking the images it seemed to slip into another dimension as dragonflies seemingly often do!

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Richard Yank

Jun 27, 2022, 10:02:52 PM6/27/22
to Ont-...@googlegroups.com
Female Spangled would show obvious yellowish stigma.
> John Reaume
>
> Sent from my iPhone

John Reaume

Jun 27, 2022, 10:10:25 PM6/27/22
to Ont-...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

John Reaume

Jun 27, 2022, 10:13:41 PM6/27/22
to Ont-...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps just a female Slaty Skimmer then….wishful thinking. Still very nice though.

John

Sent from my iPhone