Being Beauty- Exploring the biological roots of beauty

Jinan K B

Jan 4, 2021, 4:35:50 AM1/4/21
to Online_Sa...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I am writing this to share a website on beauty. Please visit when you
get time. (https://www.beinginbeauty.org/)

Beauty has been an important area of exploration from 1985 or so and
initially, it was in response to the colonization I was experiencing
as a student of Design where we were bombarded with the western
notions of aesthetics. But as I began to live with rural tribal
nonliterate communities, beauty shifted from political category to
biological category. This set me off on a very interesting journey
which even challenged the notions regarding art etc. Explorations in
biological roots of beauty took me to neuroaesthetics which was quite
a disappointment.

The paradox is that beauty can not be understood in the realm of
language and probably could tell what is not beauty.

I am also offering a retreat I am offering on beauty. As words began
to dominate our lives, the world seems to have hidden the real, the
unexplainable, and where language cannot penetrate. There are many
things in life that can only be sensed, felt, and lived. No words can
even understand this let alone communicating this. So, words can take
to the place where we will be informed that from now on go alone-
without words and thoughts. Beauty is one of them. The attempt in the
workshop or retreat is to travel to the place where words cannot
enter………

Modernity in general and education in particular systematically create
beauty-disabled people along with other cognitive and psychological
damages. Most of the time we find ourselves in the state of mentally
present but physically absent as we are living in our mind most of the
time. To be in communion with the beauty around we need to be present.
How did we become absent and how do we recover our natural way of
being present- the way children are all the time till we also make
them absent?
Please visit the website and if it connects with you please let me know

https://www.beinginbeauty.org/home

http://ekfoundation.in/being-in-beauty-reimagining-art/

--
Jinan,
TEXT DISTORTS, DIGITAL DESTROYS, WORLD AWAKENS