FOAM and Holo - perhaps even D and SUMO?

Tim Sandgren

Feb 26, 2018, 7:35:41 AM2/26/18
to Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Hi guys!

I am very happy that things are moving forward in the new creative spaces for collaboration.

Do you guys have any opinion on the FOAM standard for creating local meshnetworks?

Could this be integrated (or is it already) in the Holoport boxes? (I bought a nanoport through indiegogo.)

And what about the SUMO?

If we could get a collaboration with the IEEE (the electrical engineers) we might get some cool things done here. Perhaps using the D programming environment?

Best regards / Tim

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Feb 26, 2018, 1:34:40 PM2/26/18
to Tim Sandgren, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing FOME. First time I see crypto economics applied to Geolocation.  Very interesting. We definitly need this kind of tech that bridges the physical with the virtual. I saved the link in our Next Gen NRP doc.

Can it work with the Holoport  (I bought one too)? Perhaps, but I don't see the point for a p2p mesh network where physical location is not so critical. Or you might see something I don't see :)

I see application for physical resource menagement, especially for shared assets. Put it in the context of the Verdun project. You have 5 labs that establish 5 beacons. The labs are geolocated and become geolocation validators. Equipment that can move around from lab to lab is tracked by these beacons. Moving a shared tool (suppose it is a video/digital projector) from one location to another is a transaction. To this you might want to add the notion of custody (who is "in charge" of the object now), incentives for good handling of the object, governance, ... The whole sharing economy (which I see part of the collaborative economy) can be transformed.

--
This discussion is OPEN to the public.
This group is about "value network" infrastructure development.

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Feb 26, 2018, 1:36:56 PM2/26/18
to Tim Sandgren, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Correction

Can it work with the Holoport  (I bought one too)? Perhaps, but I don't see the point for a p2p mesh network where physical location is not so critical. Or you might see something I don't see :)

Should read

Can it work with the Holoport  (I bought one too)? Perhaps, but I don't see the point for a p2p  cloud where physical location is not so critical. Or you might see something I don't see :)