Re: [ovn infrastructure] Kendraio: challenge us! API Protocol Dashboard

Message has been deleted

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Dec 13, 2019, 10:55:50 AM12/13/19
to Daniel Harris, Tim Lloyd, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Thanks Daniel,

I am copying Tim here to take a look and I'll brainstorm with him and get back to you.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019, 5:40 AM Daniel Harris, <dan...@kendra.io> wrote:
Good morning OVNers!

To our surprise, we are building a "data browser". A personal mashup engine: an antidote to big data: #littledata. The App plugs into any API; bi-directional. The App's API clients (Adapters and Flows) are scriptable configuration (not code) that can be easily modified and shared across communities. Kendraio App is now mature enough to show you. And I'd like to do that. So, please get in touch.

When we started building Kendraio App we thought we were making an asset/rights management dashboard app for artists/managers integrating with service provider APIs. So far we have integrated with YouTube, Spotify, Teosto (Finland's CMO), DDEX (strictly speaking a protocol not an API), Bandsintown (an event listing service), MusicBrainz (a complex wiki for music data) and more in the pipeline.

Then we realised that the tools we are creating could work in any environment and any sector. Hence #databrowser. We are building interface first. Human centric. Not service centric. Hence a local app. For people.

We'd like you to challenge us, my Kendraio team. We still have some funding from the EU (until August 2020). We'd like you to set us tasks. Could be to integrate an API. Could be to model a protocol. Could be to build a dashboard for a sector or service. Go wild! Go blue sky! Challenge us!

This is alpha software but we are already operational and working with real APIs/protocols and real people/organisations. If you want to take a look see:

• Online demo: https://app.kendra.io
• More information: https://www.kendra.io/kendraio-app
• Read the documentation: https://kendraio-app.readthedocs.io
• For help and support, join the conversation on Slack: http://slack.kendra.io
• To download the source code, visit the repo: https://github.com/kendraio/kendraio-app
• To report bugs, suggest improvements, or request features, use the issue tracker: https://github.com/kendraio/kendraio-app/issues

This a time limited offer (if we don't get more funding beyond August 2020). But there is still time to develop amazing worlds. Let me know what you are up to and how we can collaborate.

Cheers Daniel

Daniel Harris • dan...@kendra.io • nickname: dahacouk
mobile: +447853627355 • mobile: +13232502605 • phone: +442079936339
Kendraio • Fostering an Open Marketplace for Digital Media
https://www.kendra.io
https://www.youtube.com/kendraio
https://www.twitter.com/kendraio
https://www.facebook.com/kendraio
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kendraio
https://www.linkedin.com/company/kendraio
https://www.github.com/kendraio

--
This discussion is OPEN to the public.
This group is about "value network" infrastructure development.

Lynn Foster

Dec 13, 2019, 1:39:12 PM12/13/19
to Tiberius Brastaviceanu, Daniel Harris, Tim Lloyd, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Hey Daniel,

Thanks for updating here in OVN land!  Looks like an interesting broadening of direction since last we saw the app.  Bob and I would be interested in a demo, fine to schedule with others if it is easier to do as a bigger group.  Thanks again!

Lynn

Daniel Harris

Dec 13, 2019, 2:07:51 PM12/13/19
to Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Hi Lynn, Tibi and anyone else who wants a demo,

Feel free to send me the times you are available for a demo on Zoom. The earlier the better for me in li'le ol' UK/GMT.

Also let me know if you don't want me to record the demo and whack it up on YouTube. I'm happy either way but this could be an opportunity to have some decent material to show.

Perhaps notify me off list and I'll respond back to the list with day/time that works for all – so as to keep the traffic down.

Cheers Daniel

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Dec 15, 2019, 8:23:47 PM12/15/19
to Daniel Harris, Tim Lloyd, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Hi Daniel,

I'll need to hear from Tim, and coordinate the schedule. Are you available before Christmas?

--
This discussion is OPEN to the public.
This group is about "value network" infrastructure development.
---

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Dec 15, 2019, 8:26:13 PM12/15/19
to Daniel Harris, Tim Lloyd, Open Value Networks Infrastructure
Or perhaps it's better if we all agree on a date? We have very close needs and understandings.