Streams Replication: Source DB 11gR2, Target DB 11gR1

San_Ora_DBA

Jul 20, 2011, 10:23:32 AM7/20/11
to ORACLE_DBA_EXPERTS
We are replicating a few tables from Oracle Database 11gR2 to Oracle
11gR1 using Streams Replication (Downstream Capture). The archived log
files from the source DB (11gR2) are shipped to a shared drive. We
then register the archived log files at the target database (11gR1)
using ALTER DATABASE REGISTER ... command.

On the target database , We are getting the following error message:

ORA-01333: failed to establish Logminer Dictionary
ORA-01304: subordinate process error. Check alert and trace logs
ORA-01358: LogMiner version is less than mined dictionary version

Do we need to update the target database to 11gR2 ? Is there a work-
around?

Any other information that might be relevant would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- Sanjay

ddf

Jul 20, 2011, 1:44:15 PM7/20/11
to ORACLE_DBA_EXPERTS
Comments embedded.

On Jul 20, 7:23 am, San_Ora_DBA <sanjaydharmadhik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are replicating a few tables from Oracle Database 11gR2 to Oracle
> 11gR1 using Streams Replication (Downstream Capture). The archived log
> files from the source DB (11gR2) are shipped to a shared drive. We
> then register the archived log files at the target database (11gR1)
> using ALTER DATABASE REGISTER ... command.
>
> On the target database , We are getting the following error message:
>
> ORA-01333: failed to establish Logminer Dictionary
> ORA-01304: subordinate process error. Check alert and trace logs
> ORA-01358: LogMiner version is less than mined dictionary version
>
> Do we need to update the target database to 11gR2 ?

Yes. Streams replication can span versions however the souce must be
the lower of the two releases. Were you running Streams from 11.1 to
11.2 you'd see no error messages and the apply process would run
without issue. You're asking Oracle 11.1 to be forward compatible
with 11.2 and that cannot happen.

> Is there a work-around?

No, I'm afraid not.

> Any other information that might be relevant would be greatly
> appreciated.

Provided above.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Sanjay