Preskoči na prvu nepročitanu poruku

Ramesh Gaykwad

nepročitano,
27. srp 2014. 01:39:3127. 07. 2014.
u oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have completed my M. Sc.(Computer Science) MCS from Pune University in 2011. I have 2 years of experience in e-learning as Subject Matter Expert Maths and Computer also working as Associate Instructional Designer. Now I am thinking to change my career into IT field. I am considering two options DBA or SAP. Which will be the better at this point for me for getting new job and grow my career? I have little idea about SQL but no idea about SAP.

Thanks
Ramesh

ddf

nepročitano,
27. srp 2014. 16:40:1727. 07. 2014.
u oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Neither, as you do not have the required knowledge of the basics of either Oracle or SAP.   You are better considering being an entry-level developer to gain SQL knowledge and experience.

David Fitzjarrell

Ramesh Gaykwad

nepročitano,
29. srp 2014. 11:17:3129. 07. 2014.
u oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
So, what can i do know? Please suggest I should take Oracle or SAP for my career?

joel garry

nepročitano,
29. srp 2014. 11:49:5929. 07. 2014.
u oracle_db...@googlegroups.com

I concur with David.  You need the SQL development experience of at least a couple of years.  While you are getting the experience, you can observe what DBA and SAP mean.  You should definitely learn relational theory whatever you do.  Avoid any place that tells you to give them money and they will get you a DBA job.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
 http://www.infoworld.com/d/the-industry-standard/oracle-slashes-larry-ellisons-stock-options-247206

ddf

nepročitano,
30. srp 2014. 13:55:1630. 07. 2014.
u oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Since you have little or no experience with Oracle a career as a SAP consultant isn't a wise move.  SAP is complicated enough without having to learn the 'ins and outs' of Oracle at the same time.  My suggestion still stands -- go for an entry-level position as an Oracle developer to gain knowledge and experience with the product.  From there you can re-consider options and continue on with a career using Oracle or investigate a career as a SAP consultant, presuming you  understand Oracle and how SAP interacts with it.

David Fitzjarrell
Odgovori svima
Odgovori autoru
Proslijedi