Send email when Invalid_Logon_Count=5

JN

Oct 7, 2013, 10:40:41 AM10/7/13
to oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
What is the best best way to send an email if a certain table gets to the number 5.

Below is the query I run to check on the Dex account: It’s the Invalid_Logon_Count that holds the 0-6 value I’m looking for. 0 is good and 6 is locked out.

Use CABINET select name, Invalid_Logon_Count, userinstanceid from USERS (nolock) where NAME = 'dex'

jaycosmo

Oct 7, 2013, 10:43:32 AM10/7/13
to oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Could you give more details on the environment? Is it notifications you need help with?  If so, look into writing a watchdog script to send you an email with your condition as a trigger.

-yaw

ddf

Oct 7, 2013, 11:50:57 AM10/7/13
to oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Which release of Oracle are you running?

David Fitzjarrell

JN

Oct 7, 2013, 12:40:15 PM10/7/13
to oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Oracle DB 10.2.6

Yes what I am looking for is when the value in this row gets to 5 I would like an email so I can log in and clear the entry versus it getting locked out and then getting paged.  I would like to be preemptive about the lockout.