Oracle stand by pre and post requirements

Habeeb Awais

Jul 18, 2016, 9:35:27 AM7/18/16
to ORACLE_DBA_EXPERTS
Hi,

I'm going to implement stand by server to our stand alone database server. Let me know the steps and requirements.

Do I need to have the identical mount system?

Do I need to install the database or just software?

Can we able to that by using RMAN? Please advise... thanks

Atul Markan

Jul 18, 2016, 4:21:00 PM7/18/16
to oracle_db...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Please find the answer below:-

Do I need to have the identical mount system?:-- Ni need identical mount point

Do I need to install the database or just software?--  Only  Software same version

Can we able to that by using RMAN? You can use RMAN as well as manually copy the manually hot backup or cold backup but RMAN always recommended.

Regards

Atul Markan

Best Regards

Atul Markan