TNS-04610: No literals left, reached end of NV pair

Raj

Sep 28, 2011, 4:33:13 AM9/28/11
to ORACLE_DBA_EXPERTS
Hello,

We are using 10gR2 RAC(10.2.0.5.0) on Solaris Sparc 64.

I want to create a new RAC database with the help of "dbca" but I am
getting below errors :

ServiceAliasException: Could not enum Net Service Names: TNS-04404: no
error
caused by: oracle.net.config.ConfigException: TNS-04414: File error
caused by: TNS-04610: No literals left, reached end of NV pair

I am getting the same error when I am trying to use "netca" and
clicking on "Local Net Service Name Configuration"

I check the Google and some posts are pointing to some syntax error/
bad entry in tnsnames.ora.

My tnsnames.ora contains around 3000 lines. Any idea how to proceed
with the debug ? Or there could be some other problems as well.

Thanks,
Rajeev

ddf

Sep 28, 2011, 12:01:37 PM9/28/11
to ORACLE_DBA_EXPERTS
Have you checked the file permissions for the tnsnames.ora file? Are
you using the same O/S user (oracle) to create the new database?

Please provide all of the steps you executed to get to this error.

David Fitzjarrell

Rajeev Tomar

Sep 29, 2011, 3:32:59 AM9/29/11
to oracle_db...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I replaced tnsnames.ora from other node after a little modification and it is working fine now.
I have used Oracle user and persmission on tnsnames.ora was also there.

Regards
Rajeev