BEND Analysis doesn't return tweet network in extracted groups

Sydney Zheng

Jun 22, 2020, 11:43:25 AM6/22/20
to ORA Google Group
Hi all,

I was using the BEND & Community Assessment to identify groups in the data.  When I extracted the groups, I got back the hashtags and agents in the group, as shown below.  But I didn't get the tweet networks.  I was wondering if there was a way to do so?

Thanks!

Sydney

Jeff Reminga

Jun 22, 2020, 12:04:50 PM6/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sydney,

There is no current way to get back the tweets, but work on this has already been started and should be finished soon.
Thanks,
Jeff

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science

Sydney Zheng

Jun 22, 2020, 12:25:51 PM6/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting me know! In the meantime, what would you say is the most effective way to get the tweets? I was thinking of doing some kind of filtering on the tweets, maybe based on hashtag used and who wrote it.

Jeff Reminga

Jun 22, 2020, 2:20:44 PM6/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sydney,

The BEND report currently uses the following rule;

if the document has an author from a topic group, then the document is associated with the topic group.

And so no concepts are checked, only authorship.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sydney Zheng

Jun 22, 2020, 3:34:49 PM6/22/20