Ora- Closeness centrality

Shakir Karim

Jul 6, 2023, 7:49:21 PM7/6/23
to ORA Google Group
Hello,
How does ORA calculate the closeness centrality? Where can I get this information? From the software or any website?
Regards,
Shakir

Mihovil Bartulović

Jul 6, 2023, 8:01:40 PM7/6/23
to ORA Google Group
Dear Shakir,

in ORA if you go Help --> Help Contents --> Index --> Search closeness centrality and click on it.  There you can find all of the documentation about this (and any other) metric in ORA.

Hope this helps.

Mihovil

Shakir Karim

Jul 6, 2023, 8:30:14 PM7/6/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mihovil,

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science

Kathleen Carley

Shakir Karim

Jul 12, 2023, 7:14:37 PM7/12/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ORA Google Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ORA-google-group/BC0813F5-1074-4903-AE13-0EFDDFD4F14A%40andrew.cmu.edu.

Shakir Karim

Jul 12, 2023, 7:17:34 PM7/12/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Do you know the reason why there is a difference in closeness value between Ora, UCINET and Gephi?

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 at 10:01, Mihovil Bartulović <bartulovi...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science
http://casos.cs.cmu.edu/
---

Kathleen Carley

Jul 13, 2023, 5:41:23 AM7/13/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Yes and Ora’s is correct.  We have a paper that explains why they are different

Also Gephi is often wrong
But ucinet auto changes the networks.  Ora does not.   See paper on our website.

Sent from my iPhone

Shakir Karim

Jul 14, 2023, 10:31:23 PM7/14/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kathleen,

Can you please share the link to your paper? Or the title of that paper? I will find it by myself.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

Shakir Karim

Jul 14, 2023, 10:42:45 PM7/14/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
'Social Network Analysis to Evaluate an Interdisciplinary Research Center'
is this the correct paper you are referring to?

Mihovil Bartulović

Jul 14, 2023, 10:46:26 PM7/14/23
to ORA Google Group
Dear Shakir,

I cannot speak for Dr Carley regarding the paper she was referring to, but I do know that "Handling Weighted, Asymmetric, Self-Looped, and Disconnected Networks in ORA" has comparisons between ucinet and ORA.

Hope this helps.

Mihovil

Shakir Karim

Jul 15, 2023, 1:09:20 AM7/15/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mihovil,

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

Kathleen Carley

Jul 17, 2023, 5:41:12 PM7/17/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
CMU-ISR-11-113.pdf

Kathleen Carley

Jul 17, 2023, 5:41:41 PM7/17/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Shakir Karim

Jul 18, 2023, 11:05:22 PM7/18/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

Shakir Karim

Jul 27, 2023, 5:27:18 PM7/27/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

image.png

and I am trying to run it via ora to get centrality measures but it is asking me an error message

image.png

Please advise me.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Shakir Karim

Kathleen Carley

Jul 27, 2023, 5:30:52 PM7/27/23
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
the images show that you are trying to load data
you first load data then you run the key entity ranking report to get the closeness centrality

your errors are because you are not telling it what to load

Mihovil Bartulović

Jul 27, 2023, 8:36:18 PM7/27/23
to ORA Google Group
Dear Shakir,

I saw your figure in the different thread(I think you posted it there by mistake) - I think when importing you are not creating the network. ORA requires the network to be created in the step you showed above. Instead of pressing next you need to press new and select your source and target nodes as well node weights (if applicable).

Hope this helps!

Mihovil

Shakir Karim

Jul 27, 2023, 8:41:10 PM7/27/23