Twitter Json fromat

Jul 21, 2020, 1:47:02 PM7/21/20
to ORA Google Group
I have met a problem. I collected some tweets in excel form. I transferred to json format trying to load to netmapper but failed.

All my data from twitter is in excel form. How can I transform into the json format required by netmapper. Thanks.

Eric Malloy

Jul 22, 2020, 8:02:08 AM7/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
You can export from excel to csv and import the data base csv.

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science

Eric Malloy

Jul 22, 2020, 8:02:19 AM7/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
import as csv that is.

Kathleen Carley

Jul 22, 2020, 9:08:19 AM7/22/20
to ORA List
eric - how can a user use a csv file instead of a json file as the input to NetMapper so that NetMapper will produce cues

Eric Malloy

Jul 22, 2020, 9:09:52 AM7/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
cues is always produced by default regardless of input format.

Kathleen Carley

Jul 22, 2020, 11:20:46 AM7/22/20
to ORA List
eric - ok - can you please send the ideal col headers for a csv file that would contain tweets - so that our users who collect tweets by random tools can export to a csv file with headers you expect

Eric Malloy

Jul 22, 2020, 11:28:02 AM7/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Users can trivially map any column headers they like.  If they choose the default profile the text column should be named "text" and the tweet id column should be named "id".

Eric Malloy

Jul 22, 2020, 11:33:53 AM7/22/20
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
The user documentation will help explain how to import csv.  See attached.

NetMapper_User_Guide_v10.docx

Kathleen Carley

Jul 22, 2020, 12:21:06 PM7/22/20
to ORA List

Kathleen Carley

Jul 22, 2020, 12:39:25 PM7/22/20
to ORA List
That is fine
if the column header for the tweet id is labeled just id
and the column header for the body of the tweet is labeled text
you can just give that to NetMapper and it will generate out the cues needed for ora-pro

Note we do not generale networks based on the body of the text
however, ora itself will generate networks for you - just use the csv importer and tell it what each column means